//39//

he forgot his lunch.

ironic that he worked in a restaurant and couldn't even eat there.

he could ask and sure, his boss could've said yes.

but jisung felt too guilty.

after running around and serving people left and right, jisung finally had a breather.

he sat down and drank from his water bottle when his phone buzzed, catching his attention.

he opened the notification.

min: hello whore

jisung rolled his eyes and smiled, feeling tingles in his stomach.

jisung: unless you're texting me to say you ordered me food
don't text me

min: food?
did you forget your lunch again you dumbass

jisung: yes
its my bad tho
i'll survive
so don't actually get me food

jisung sighed loudly and rubbed his eyes. he went to take another drink from his water bottle but it was too late.

a male co-worker had snatched it, opening the top as if it was natural to him.

making direct eye contact with jisung, he spit in it.

jisung just looked at him with no sense of amusement.

the guy laughed and shook it, before putting back next to jisung's side, and he left.

jisung took the water bottle and tossed it in the trash near him, mumbling to himself before unlocking his phone again.

min: you're dumb

jisung: yeah ik

he turned his phone off and began working with jae again.

it wasn't too busy like it has been before, and for that jisung was grateful.

but it was stressful.

they ended up getting another break as no others came inside.

jae and jisung say next to each other as jae ate his lunch.

"do you want some of mine?" he offered, but jisung refused and just shook his head.

"it's fine, i'll eat when i get home. thank you though." jisung smiled.

however as if it was a summoning- someone walked into the restaurant.

jisung looked over and his face dropped.

"minho? why are you here?"

minho stood there with an expression that could only be described as ':]'.

"i'm helping you." and he extended his arm, bringing forward a plastic bag. "food." he said.

jisung honestly was in disbelief that minho actually took his joke seriously. "i was joking min!"

not even another second passed and another person walked through the door.

everyone turned to look at the door to see seungmin wearing a coat.

"seungmin..?" jisung questioned, seeing him with a paper bag rather than a plastic one.

seungmin looked at the three, kind of shocked to see them all staring at him.

"uhh.." he trailed on, lifting up the bag. "you left your lunch."

there was a silence as jisung stared at the two boys who held forward food for him.

jisung's mouth fell open and he didn't know what to say. "...huh?"

the only noise to be heard was jae's sudden burst of held back laughter.

"im sorry.." he apologized, snorting loudly and slapping his hand over his mouth. "it's just- okay i'm gonna go." he quickly excused himself, running away.

jisung turned to look at jae running away, shaking it off as he pulled the two boys in by their arms.

"guys you really didn't have to come here." he said frowning.

"it's fine," seungmin said. he put the bag in jisung's hand. "i noticed when i woke up that you forgot it and knew you would go hungry." he eyed minho.

"well you told me to get you food." minho shrugged, shoving the bag into jisung's other arm.

"no i didn't!" jisung shot back.

"anyways just eat it!" seungmin waved his hand. "it's fine now you extra won't go hungry." he smiled.

"thank you two, i really do appreciate it." jisung pouted and went to hug minho.

right after he hugged seungmin.

"i gotta go to the back to eat. be careful getting home, i'll talk to you two later! min come over today and we all can watch a drama." jisung smiled and waved at the two before having to bolt before the break was over.

this left minho and seungmin alone.

"wanna walk home together?" minho suggested and seungmin agreed.

they both left, walking next to each other and shivering when it got chilly.

"so seungmin," minho put his hands in his pockets as they spoke. "remember when you asked me what my intentions with jisung were?"

seungmin felt as if he was caught in headlights. he tensed up and nervously looked at minho. "yeah..?"

"what did you mean by that?" minho questioned, his tone showing confusion. "as if i like him? in that way?"

seungmin felt honest panic. his stomach dropped as he nodded. "yeah. what other way is there?"

"he's my best friend." minho said, as if that was the answer to seungmin's question.

"and? you could have feelings towards a best friend."

"i haven't thought about that. seeing jisung in that way." minho thought, making seungmin release a sigh in relief.

"alright." was all he said as they continued walking.

it was silent until minho decided to ask the same thing. "what about you?"

the question caught seungmin off guard. "what do you mean?"

"you brought him his lunch today. you hate walking." minho said, knowing his facts about seungmin. "why would you walk to his job?"

seungmin sighed for a little, and then rubbed his face. "i don't know." he mumbled.

"i really can't tell what's going on with me. i always thought he was annoying and just trying to bug me, but i see that he's not trying to bother me. he actually helps me a lot." he bit on his nail.

"he's my best friend."

minho's eyes softened a bit.

he looked at his shoes as the gravel crunched beneath them.

"he is good." minho agreed. "he has a good heart."

"i thought you liked him." seungmin admitted, feeling a little embarrassed to say it.

"i don't know. i don't focus on thoughts or feelings like that, but i could." minho responded.

"i could've liked him the second i met him, and i still wouldn't know. i haven't thought about that." his honest reply didn't end up shaking seungmin.

it was almost like minho understood him in a weird way.

he wished that he had the same outlook on love and feelings as minho did.

actually, it made seungmin's feelings feel worse in the sense that he didn't understand why he liked jisung.

he just ended up liking him.

it was hard to deal with- he knew how it was going to end.

he got rejected by hyunjin.

it would be the same thing all over again.