Dancing With A Stranger

Mary and the other girls got a room where they could sleep. Mary lay on her bed and the only thing she could think about was the king, his blue eyes and his blonde curls but her thoughts were interrupted by Kenna
,, Did you see how King Francis looked at me? Soon is the queen of bean celebration. I hope I'll win '' said Kenna with a dreamy voice, but Mary secretly hoped that she'll win. Mary knew that if Francis will pick someone of her freinds and herself it wouldn't be her, she always thought Kenna was much prettier then her. With toughts about Francis she fell asleep.

Next day

It was 5 am and they had to get ready very fast, because the King needed his servants for his breakfast, Mary wanted to go but Kenna said it first. Kenna brought Francis' breakfast. Francis was disappointed because he hoped to see Mary. ,, If I may your Majesty, another servant told me tomorrow is the queen of bean celebration, is it true?'' said Kenna trying to flirt ,, Yes, are you asking because you want to try it?'' Francis was saying that because he wanted to be nice to her but he didn't really want to talk with her. ,, Yes actually...'' Kenna tried to point out that she finds him really attractive ,, Only you? Say your friend from convent that they can join it aswell, You may go now'' he was trying to be nice but he could not stand her annoying voice anymore. Kenna bent and left.

This was their first day at court as servants, so there was a lot what they did wrong but they still were very excidet about the ' queen of bean' celebration, especially Mary and Kenna.

Next day

Mary woke up at first because she was so nervous and couldn't sleep at all. While everyone of her friends was sleeping she brought Francis his breakfast, when Francis saw Mary coming in his room his heart stopped for a moment. Mary saw him and his blue eyes she fell in love with. ,, It's you!'' said Francis without thinking what he had said ,, I guess I am, your highness. Here is your breakfast'' Mary said that with a very shy voice ,, Come one sit down and tell me something about you'' Francis wasn't that nervous in his entire life. Mary thought she didn't hear corectly so she asked him to be sure ,, Excuse me? '' she couldn't believe that the king asked somhing about her ,, Tell me something about you'' Francis knew that this was wrong, she was just a servant but at the same time it felt so right. ,, Well, I am a poor orphan that was raised at convent'' Mary said it and saw how Francis' blond curls were shining in the sun light ,, I am sure you're more than that. Do you want to join the queen of bean celebration.'' said Francis hopefull ,, I'll think about it your majesty. I think I must go now '' Mary said it with a bit of sadness in her voice because she didn't want to leave, but she had to. ,, Of course, I hope I'll see you tonight at the celebration''' Francis knew that she will come, he felt it.

afternoon

All female servants got new beautiful dresses for this evening, Mary got a red dress. It was a longarm dress above it had red glitter and it was covered with tulle below. Her friends were looking good aswell but when all servants came to the throne room the only thing Francis saw was Mary, just Mary.
,, Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentelmans toady we're here to celebrate our queen of bean. If you don't know what it is I'll tell once again. Our female servants will get a cake and one of them will find a bean in there, the one who found it will be te queen of bean for one day. She will get everything she wants, and she can keep it forever, but on the next day she'll be a usual servant.'' the whole speech he looked at Mary and hoped so much she will find the  bean  ,, Now you can look for the bean, good luck'' said Francis. Kenna ran to the cake like a man that didn't eat for for a half year, but maty was more calm, she took a piece of the cake, and this was it. She found the bean ,, I FOUND IT!!!'' Mary screamed and couldn't Imagine her happiness ,, Here she is, our Queen of bean Mary de Reine. Bow down for your Queen and she won't be the queen of bean only for a day, she'll be your Queen for a week.'' said Francis proudly. Francis walked slowly to Mary and gave her his hand, so that they could dance. This dance was more then just a dance, it was more like a love confession. It felt like a infinty for them but for Kenna it was clear that Mary takes her places as mistress away.