Only forever

I watched her walk away from me. My tears spilling out over my red, puffy eyes. I saw her reach her hand up to her face and wipe a tear away and fix her sunglasses. As she approached the gate she turned back to me and smiled one last time before putting her head down and boarding the plane. I stayed and watched as the plane took off and sat there in my own thoughts for a while. It wasn't forever but it sure felt like it.

"Orla, babe, come on you can't stay in bed forever." My best friend Mel got under the covers with me and poked my nose. "she'll be home before you know it. Its only 3 months and yall will facetime all the time." I sighed and felt a tear rolling down my face. My whole world had left me and I felt so alone. I know it wasn't for long but when I wasn't with Demi it felt awful. She was the breath in my lungs, the beat in my heart. I needed her to live and she wasn't here. Mel wiped my tears and pulled the blanket off us. "come on. We're going out. Demi wouldn't want you cooped up at home waiting for her like this." I nodded my head and slowly sat up swinging my legs over the edge of the bed. Mel was right. Demi wouldn't want me moping about. She'd want me to be living my life. She'd be home soon and it was almost time for her to call. I didn't want her to see me crying. It would make her feel guilty for leaving and I didn't want that. As if on que my phone rang. I smiled realising it was my love. "ill leave you alone" Mel said exiting my bedroom. "hi baby. I miss you already. How's tour?" demi smiled at me through the phone. Her perfect smile, her brown orbs staring at me. "omg it's sooooo good love but I wish you were here with me." She smiled a little less and I could see her eyes going glassy. "baby don't cry OK? You love touring. And it's only 3 months. You'll be back before you know it." I had to try and stay strong for her right now. We spoke for around 20 minutes before I heard Demi's assistant call her for sound check. "love I have to go but I'll call you later after the show OK? I love you so much and I miss you more than my words can tell you." I smiled at the beauty on my screen. "I love you more my queen. Speak to you soon." We hung up and I let out a sigh. I could feel the tears spilling out again. I hated missing her. We hadn't been apart from we moved in together 9 months ago after dating for 3 years. I got up and went to my closet to get ready. Tonight needed to be fun.

"Haha! YES STRIKE. In your face Mel!!" I punched the air and done a little happy dance and saw Mel with her phone out recording me. "you're such a bad winner Orla." She laughed before putting her phone away. I giggled and sat down beside her. "thanks for taking me out tonight girl. Its really took my mind off missing Dem." I side hugged her "you're welcome. By the way. I sent that video to Demi." I laughed "omg no you didn't!" I playfully punched her arm. "come on let's go home and watch crap on Netflix." I pulled Mel up and we left.

Its been 2 months from demi left. I still miss her everyday but its getting easier. I'm surprising her on tour. I'm flying out for her final 5 concerts and I'm so excited. I took one last look that I had everything and walked out the door towards the waiting car. I can't wait to hold demi in my arms. Its been far too long.

"OK Demi. Once more from the top OK?" I took a quick drink of my water and nodded to my sound guy James. I began singing Only Forever. It was my favourite to sing. I had wrote it about when Orla and I had first met. She was so nervous about asking me out. We got close but neither of us had the nerve to ask the other out. I wrote the song in about half an hour, recorded it straight away and sent her it.

FLASHBACK

New message from Demi😍🦄

Hey love check your emails. Just wrote a new song and want your opinion on it 😉 let me know what you think xx

I scrunched up my face as I read the message from demi. It wasn't unusual for her to send me songs to listen to but it was usually just lyrics here and there. This was a full ass song. I listened to each word carefully and wasn't even onto the chorus and I was smiling like an idiot. I was so stupid. She liked me. Like I liked her. I was just too chicken to ever ask her out. All those times we flirted it never lead to anything. The song ended. I grabbed my phone and keys and headed out the door to my car.

New message from Demi😍🦄

Did you listen to it yet? What did you think? xx

New message from Demi😍🦄

Omg you hate it don't you? I'm so stupid. Orla I'm sorry! Xx

How could I have been so stupid! Why did I send her that song? She's gonna hate me now. It had been over an hour from I sent her the song. I was pacing around my living room like a lunatic when the doorbell rang. I walked over to the door and opened it. There she was. Smiling like a crazy person. She didn't say anything. "Orla, I," she cut me off by smashing her lips onto mine. "I loved the song Dem. And I feel the same way. You're amazing and I'm sorry it took me this long to figure it all out." I smiled at her and cupped her cheek with my hand. She smiled against it and kissed it.

END OF FLASHBACK.

The song ended and I heard clapping from the seats. I squinted and put my hand above my eyes to see who was there. It was hard with the spotlight on. They moved closer and I realised it was Orla. I started running. "omg baby!! What are you doing here!?" I ran straight into her arms and she spun me around holding me close. When she sat me down we kissed. I felt fireworks as always. 3 years later and this girl still sends a shiver down my body when she touches me. "I thought I'd come see my woman in action. Besides, I need to keep those crazy lovatics of yours in check. I've seen the hash tags on twitter. Lesbian for Demi, marry me demi. I need to show them you're mine." I threw my head back and laughed loudly. I took out my phone and opened the camera. "well then, let's show them what they're up against."

I stood in the wings watching her. It was her final show. After this we were going home. My gorgeous girlfriend was killing it on stage as always. I loved watching her perform. It was like watching angels singing from heaven. She had a gift and she certainly used it. I must have looked like such an idiot standing there smiling my ass off but I didn't care. She made me feel things I never thought I would feel. She was incredible and she was all mine. I was pulled from my thoughts watching demi run off stage towards me. I opened my arms and she ran into them kissing me hard. "you did amazing baby. I'm so fucking proud of you." She smiled, kissing me again. "thanks love. Let's go to my dressing room so I can get changed, then we can go home to our bed." She let out an excited squeal as she spoke which made me giggle. I loved this girl so much. How did I get so lucky to have her? Out of everyone she chose me to be her forever. Man I'm so fucking lucky.