Ruin the friendship

Scarlett POV

She let out a sigh and sat beside me. "you OK? I asked placing an arm around her shoulders as she leaned in towards me. "tired" she said while letting out a yawn. I placed a gentle kiss on top of her head and admired her. Demi has been my best friend forever. We met on Disney at 15 and became close friends instantly. I had moved on after Disney taking on a different career path but Demi stayed in the business, but we remained really close and still hung out when she was home. We are at a party with a few mutual friends and it was starting to get wild. Neither of us drank but we showed up to support our friends. I was taken out of my thoughts as my phone buzzed in my hand. I smiled as I opened it reading the message. "who's making you smile like that? " demi asked smirking slightly. I blushed slightly, "no one important." She laughed and grabbed the phone from my hand. I didn't even try to fight her, she was stronger than me and I knew it. She done her famous laugh and looked at me raising her eyebrow. "really? Using me for a pick up line?" I looked at her and laughed. "I did not." I replied. She looked at the phone and read the message out loud. "just at a party here with Demi. Yeah totally not name dropping at all." She said shoving my arm playfully. "well I'm not lying am I?" I replied giggling. She threw me my phone back and I stood up stretching. I held out my hand for Demi and she grabbed it. I pulled her up and put my arm around her. "come on Lovato, let's go to mine and watch a movie in bed." She nodded as we walked towards the front door saying goodbye to our friends.

"really Demi? You're gonna make me watch a horror movie at this time of night? You're crazy." She laughed at she picked a movie on Netflix then grabbed us both an oversized t-shirt from my drawers. She threw one at me and I turned around to get changed as she did the same. I quickly got changed and climbed into my king sized bed. As I slid into the bed, Demi pulled off her dress and slipped on the t-shirt. I couldn't help but admire her body. It was incredible and I was always jealous of it. She had curves in all the right places. She was perfect. I'd had a crush on her forever but I'd never told her. I loved her so much and I'd rather have her as my friend than nothing at all so I stayed quiet and loved her from a distance. Besides. She'd never love someone like me back. She loved athletes and I most certainly was not one of those. I had weight. Not much, but I wasn't toned or anything like she'd ever been with before. I hated my body so much and always covered it which is hard when you live in LA. Demi knew this and always encouraged me to be myself but I just couldn't. I tried hard to loose weight and love myself but I just couldn't. I felt the bed move and she climbed in beside me. "don't worry, if you get scared ill protect you." She said poking my arm and laughing quietly. I smiled back at her and I pressed play on the remote.

"Demi! What the fuck have you got me watching!?" I screamed as I buried my face into the side of her neck. She giggled as she threw her arm around me to 'protect me' "Scarlett it's just Saw. Come on its not even that scary." I could feel my body shaking. Partly because of the movie but partly because Demi was drawing circles on my back to calm me down. I tensed a little more and hoped she didn't notice.

An hour later the movie was over and I stuck on some family guy before we went to sleep. No way was that being the last thing I watched before bed. I lay down on my side just listening to the TV with my eyes closed. I felt Demi shift in the bed and I opened my eyes to see her staring at me. "Geez Lovato. You trying to give me a heart attack?" I giggled at my reference and she rolled her eyes playfully. "dork" she replied laughing. We lay facing each other talking for a while when the topic of girls came up. She asked me about the girl who was texting me earlier. I told her we had just been talking for a few days and I didn't even know if it would come to anything. Most of them didn't. It would all be going great until we met up and they'd take one look at me and I'd know it wasn't gonna happen. "I just feel like I'm never gonna catch a break Dem. They all take one look at me and bolt. I mean I know I'm no Beyonce but damn at least give a girl a chance." I sighed. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I rolled onto my back hoping she hadn't seen, but she knew me too well. "any girl would be lucky to have you Scarlett. You're incredible. You're kind, caring, really funny, beautiful as hell and if those girls can't see that then fuck them. The right one will love everything about you and love you for you." She said smiling as she wiped the tears from my eyes with her thumb. I rolled my eyes not believing any of her words. "you have to say that you're my best friend." I replied. She shook her head and cupped my face with her hands, looking deep into my blue eyes. Fuck she was gorgeous. Her brown eyes pulled you in and hypnotised you. "you are perfect." She just replied, still looking deep into my eyes. It was like she wanted me to know she meant every word. I nodded my head slightly and saw her glance at my lips. I swallowed hard and looked at hers. She looked at them again and moved closer to me. "you are perfect." She whispered again before placing a gentle kiss on my lips. The fireworks. Omg the fireworks bursting in my stomach. I could feel my heart beating so hard I'm sure she could hear it. She pulled away and I kept my eyes closed. I was afraid it was all a dream and if I opened my eyes it would be over. I felt her thumb rub across my lips and I opened my eyes. Her big beautiful brown eyes staring at me with a hint of lust in them. "what was... I mean why... What? " I asked so confused. She laughed and gently placed her lips on mine again, ever so slightly pecking them then pulling away. "I like you dummy. I always have. It just never seemed right. I mean with work and being on tour or rehab, I just didn't want to drag you into any of it and I wanted to be the best version of myself for you. Tonight when I saw you texting that girl I knew I had to tell you. I hate seeing you get hurt all the time and you know I'd never hurt you right?" she rambled on and it was cute. I smiled and she looked over at me. "what? " she asked looking at my hand as I laced my fingers with hers. "I've liked you forever Demi. Fuck the first moment I met you I fell for you. I've never met someone so on my wave length before. We're like the same person. I've wanted to tell you how I feel so many times but I didn't wanna ruin our friendship." Something clicked in my head when I said that and she looked away. "omg. It's about me isn't it? " she shuffled slightly and looked up at me. She nodded her head and I smiled. "why didn't you tell me?" she looked down again and shrugged her shoulders. "Demi" I said as I placed a finger under her chin to raise it. I smiled at her and moved close placing a kiss on her lips. Her perfect soft lips. I smiled into the kiss and felt her do the same. Fuck me she was perfect.