2 | guilt

" le sexe n'est pas l'amour "

max woke up to yelling. she jumped up, and looked out the window to see that mike's parents already left for work. nancy's car was also gone, so max assumed that holly was at daycare. mike and her were the only ones home, unfortunately.

"WHAT SO I SHOULD BE THANKING YOU?" mike's voice came from his room, which was directly next to max's. max pushed the covers off her bed, placing her feet on the soft rug underneath her. "IM DONE, JANE! IM DONE WITH THIS BULLSHIT!" mike yelled, max didn't mean to listen in but it was kind of hard not to. mike sounded genuinely hurt.

max approached the doorway of the much taller boy, he was pacing back and forth, holding both parts of the phone in his hand; one was placed to his ear. he slams the phone down, he looks like he's about to cry.

"mike? what's wrong?" max didn't mean to sounded like she cared, she didn't obviously.
mike didn't answer, he turned to her with tears in his eyes. but they haven't fallen yet. he blinked them away and wiped them off with his sleeve before stepping forward.

the dark haired boy grabbed her face and pulled her into his, they shared a long kiss. max was shocked, frozen. she didn't want to move but at the same time.. this was wrong. right?

he grabbed her by the waist, pulling her into his room, while shutting the door behind her. which, he pinned her against after closing.

she knew he was in a fight with jane, she knew he was using her. but she didn't care. she just let everything happen, not caring about the consequences she may have to deal with later on.

they kissed with fire, like they hated each other. which, they do. or at least suppose to.
mike's hands roamed around her body, he was exploring her. exploring her curves and imperfections. though, she didn't have very many imperfections. with her pressed against his chest, he thought about how her breast feel bigger than his girlfriends. not like that mattered; because of course it doesn't, but he made a mental note about it.

they crashed into mike's bookshelf, still sharing fiery kisses. while max's back was pressed against the side of mike's bookshelf, he grabbed her thighs, pulling her onto himself. picking her up gently, only to turn with her still against him, and lay her back down on his unmade bed.

"you taste like cigarettes and mmm, cherries." he mumbled into her mouth in between kisses.

the only thing he could think about at the moment was pissing jane off, for the fact that she cheated on him. he didn't care about max, or how lucas would react to all of this. he was using max, he knew it, and she knew it.

he slipped his hands underneath the girls shirt, touching her skin. he could feel her ribs through her skin, almost. he never truly realized how skinny she was, until now. but it didn't matter, he carelessly pulled her shirt over her head, leaving her in her bra. he tossed it onto the floor, not really caring to look and see where it went.

shortly after he pulled his own shirt over his head. leaving them both shirtless. mike placed a hand on her inner thigh, moving up slowly. max knew where this was going, she knew she could stop it if she wanted to, but did she want to? in a way, she wanted to be close to someone like this. she's sick of being known as 'lucas's ex', she needed to move on. maybe this was the first step into moving on completely.

mike moved her shorts down her legs. he moved so each of her legs were on either side of him, squeezing his torso. he could tell she was already a mess, he was too, really.

max unclipped her own bra, tossing it to the floor with the rest of the torn off clothes. she was a bit insecure. mike has done things like this with jane. max hasn't, she has zero experience with anything. so of course, she was nervous. but mike didn't seem to care. so she pretended not to either.

he continued his kisses from her jaw, then neck. he nipped at her collarbones carefully. he knew the things that jane liked during these kind of things, but max was a whole different person, with completely different interests. she was nothing like jane. and maybe he just liked that.

two hours later, the ginger laid on the taller boy's chest. her hair all over the place. neither of them were clothed, but both were exhausted. so they didn't care.

max's collarbone's were covered in dark purple bruises from mike's mouth. neither of them had actually processed what had happened just yet. but the minute max did, she climbed off the boy, and out from under the covers. she frantically put her clothes on.

"where are you going?" the boy asked her.

"to take a shower." she replied, sharply. mike mentally compared her to a switch; one flip and she's back to her old self. moody, rude.
he pulled the covers off himself and placed his feet on the floor. starting to put his own clothes on now.

"are you mad, or something?" he understands the fact that they were not on good terms exactly, but he doesn't understand how she could be so cold towards him after they just shared a very vulnerable part of themselves with each other.

"no." she said, finally putting her shirt on.

"did i hurt you?" he asked, he was hesitant at first, he also didn't know she'd never done anything like this before. he though her a lucas have been screwing since they were 15.

"no." she said, once again showing no expression, no emotion. she left the room, going directly into the bathroom to shower.

she felt gross. she felt guilty. like she did something so horribly wrong. she could still feel him, touching her. but it was just guilt, pressuring her. it was like a dark cloud resting over her head. she began to feel stressed. she had just had sex with the boy she hated for three years. what was she going to do? she can't avoid him for the next few weeks of living in his house hold? she was fucked. her breathing deepened.

she wanted to cry, but she didn't want mike to hear her. but eventually the ginger let out her sobs, hoping the running water of the shower would drown them out.