Ch. 1

"AHHH! YOU ARE GOING ON YOUR FIRST EVER DATE!!!" Alya screamed over the phone. Marinette winced and held her phone away from her. When the screaming stopped, she put it back to her ear.

"Well, it's not officially a date, Alya. We're just getting together for lunch." Marinette told her best friend.

"It is totally a date, Marinette! Luka asked you out, and you said yes! That is a date. Go on a couple more and you'll have a boyfriend. Oh my goodness! WE COULD GO ON DOUBLE DATES! Eeeh!" Alya screamed again.

"Alya, you're breaking my eardrum!" Marinette scolded.

Alya stopped screaming. "Sorry, girl. I'm just so excited." Marinette smiled sympathetically. "It's okay."

"So, when is the date again?" Alya inquired.

"Well, we were going to do it tonight, but he had something else he needed to take care of. We decided to go out for lunch instead."

"Today?" Alya sounded frantic.

"Yeah, why?"

"I gotta come over to help you prepare!"

Before Marinette could say anything, she heard a click. She pulled her phone away from her ear and saw that Alya had hung up. She chuckled and shook her head.

"Looks like we're going to have a visitor, Tikki." She grinned. Five minutes later she heard the doorbell ring, and she ran to go answer it.

"I got it!" She told her parents. She opened the door to see a red faced Alya panting on the threshold.

"Alya? What happened to you?"

Alya trudged inside and plopped down onto the sofa. "Ran... all the way... here." She panted. Marinette left her in the living room and came back with a glass of water.

"Want some?" She offered her friend the glass, and Alya took it eagerly. She chugged down the glass then put it on the end table. She held up her index finger to signal Marinette that she needed a minute. A moment later she popped up with a smile, grabbed Marinette's hand, and dragged her upstairs.

"Let's go get ready for your date!" They reached Marinette's bedroom, and Alya pushed her down onto the bed.

"So, what were you planning to wear?" Alya asked.

"Um, this?" Marinette gestured to the outfit she was wearing; it was her favorite one.

Alya shook her head. "Marinette, you have to wear something different!"

"Why?" Marinette asked indignantly. "You never wear anything different on your dates with Nino." She pointed out.

"But this is your first date! You have to dress up." Alya turned and started exploring Marinette's closet.

Alya went through Marinette's clothes. "Nope, nuh uh... definitely not." She muttered. She continued looking and muttering.

"Hmm, nope. How about... nah. Ooh! This might work!" She turned around with a jean jacket, jeans, and a pink shirt with a heart on it.

"Uhh." Was all Marinette could say.

"Try it on!" Alya said enthusiastically. Marinette grabbed the outfit and went to the bathroom. She came out with a half-frown on her face.

"Cute!" Alya said.

"Don't you think the heart is, I don't know... a little too much?" Marinette asked tentatively.

Alya put her hand to her chin. "Hmm. Maybe you're right. Let's look for something else."

They tried another outfit, and another, and another. Marinette thought the morning would never end.