Ch. 9

Marinette stretched and laid down on the hard floor. She yawned. "I'm so tired." A pair of mischievous green eyes entered her vision. They smiled.

"Are you too tired to plan our next move, Princess?"

Marinette grudgingly sat up and covered her mouth as she yawned again. "Why can't I just get a moment's peace, Cat Noir? The lost boys are gone, and it's finally quiet. Just a minute? Please?" She laid back down, curled up, and closed her eyes.

Cat Noir squatted down next to her; his hands rested on his knees. "Fine Princess, since you need your beauty sleep so badly." He rolled his eyes but got no response. Then an idea struck him, and a coy grin spread across his face. "How 'bout I sing you a lullaby, and then we can work on our next move?"

"A lullaby?" Her muffled voice came from the floor.

"A lullaby." He cleared throat. "I shall sing, Lu lu bye bye." He opened his mouth to sing, but Marinette said something before he could start.

"What song is that?" She wondered. She peeked up at him from her curled position on the floor. A sad look came over his face. What's wrong, Kitty? She thought. The only other time she had seen him sad was when Ladybug denied him a date.

"My... my mother used to sing it to me before bedtime."

"Oh." Was all she could think of to say. Cat Noir seemed to shake himself, and he cleared his throat again.

"Lu, lu, lu, lu, lu, lu, lu, lu bye bye." He sang off key. Marinette covered her ears. "Don't you want the moon to play with. Or the stars to run away with." He continued. His voice cracked somewhat on the next part. "Lu, lu, lu, lu, lu, lu, lu, lu bye bye." He opened his mouth to sing another verse, but Marinette jumped up and stopped him.

"Please stop, Cat Noir! My ears are going to start bleeding!"

Cat Noir started laughing. "I had a feeling that that would get you up. It's a known fact that this kitty isn't known for his super voice." He flexed his arm. "He's known for his super muscles."

Marinette started laughing, and she playfully pushed her friend onto the ground. "Come on you goof. We better plan our next move before the others get back." She left him laughing on the floor and walked into the other room. She stretched out as Cat Noir came in.

"Okay." She started. "After they all go to the Indian Camp, Wendy and her siblings decide to go home. Peter is upset because he doesn't want Wendy to leave, but she insists on it anyway. They pack up their things and Wendy, her siblings, and the lost boys head out."

"The lost boys leave too?"

"To help them travel back." She answered.

"Why doesn't Peter go with them?"

"He's mad that Wendy is leaving him, so he stays behind and pouts."

"Oh."

Marinette sat on a nearby chair. "Right when Wendy and everyone else get out of the hideout, Captain Hook captures them and takes them back to his ship."

Cat Noir gasped. "You mean you have to get captured?"

Marinette's brow furrowed in confusion. "Yeah, so?"

"You can't get captured though!"

Marinette was surprised at his turn of behavior. He's never acted like this before. "Why is that?"

"Because... because..." He trailed off. Marinette thought he didn't really know why she shouldn't get captured.

"You're not Ladybug!" He blurted out.