Ch. 7

Marinette held on tightly to Cat Noir as they flew to the Indian Camp.

"I see it! I see it!" Michelle shouted and pointed down at the island below them. Marinette glanced down as far as she dared.

"Hold on, Wendy." Cat Noir said. Then he angled downward and glided to the camp. Michelle followed them with a whoop of joy, and Marinette held on tighter to Cat Noir. I really wish I had my supersuit. She thought as they grew closer to the ground. A few moments later Cat Noir's feet touched the earth, and he gently set down Marinette. Marinette started wobbling uncontrollably, and Cat Noir steadied her. Once she'd regained her balance he let go.

"Good now?" He asked with a smile.

"Fine." Marinette replied. She felt a tugging on her arm, and she looked down.

"Are we going to see the Indians now?" Michelle whined. Marinette smiled.

"Yes. Are you coming, Peter?" She asked him.

"Of course! Shall we play follow the leader?"

"Yes!" Michelle exclaimed. The three lined up, and Cat Noir led the way to the camp. It didn't take long to get there because it was only at the top of a small hill. Cat Noir walked in and the girls followed.

"Welcome!" Marinette heard a familiar voice say. She turned to see Master Fu dressed as an Indian chief.

"Mast..." She caught herself before she said his name. Don't forget your secret identity, Marinette! She scolded herself.

The lost boys came running over to them.

"Come on y'all, they're having a party for us! Peter, you're the guest of honor!"

"I am?" Cat Noir asked with surprise.

"Of course you are, Peter!" Slightly said. Music reached their ears, and it had a folksy rhythm to it. Michelle laughed in delight.

"Dance with me, Wendy!" She grabbed the older girl's hand and led her to a clearing in the middle of the camp. Marinette saw a few people playing the instruments. One was playing the flute.

"Bring out you panflute, Peter!" An Indian with a deep voice told Cat Noir. Cat Noir found the flute hooked to his belt and flew over to the musicians. He put the flute to his mouth, and a beautiful sound joined the chorus of noises; soon a lovely song was playing.

Michelle was holding Marinette's hands, and the little girl was swaying and hopping to the beat.

"Dance, Wendy!" She said. Marinette noticed that they were the only ones dancing. They were the only ones in the clearing, in fact.

"Come on!" Michelle said. Marinette decided to join the girl. You'd do anything for me, Alya, and I'll do anything for you.

Together the two girls danced, and at times they were overcome with fits of giggles. The Indians and lost boys were watching them, and one by one the two girls were joined in their dance. Pretty soon the whole camp was dancing, laughing, and having a good time. Michelle had left her to go dance with John, and Marinette found herself alone. I suppose I'll go talk to Cat Noir. We need to plan our next move.

She walked out of the clearing and wandered into the camp, looking for him. Instead she ran into a rather large woman.

"Go get firewood!" She commanded Marinette.

Marinette was caught off guard. "Um, actually, I was looking for Peter. Peter Pan? Have you seen him?"

"Let him enjoy his party. You can go get the firewood." The woman seemed quite determined on this fact, so Marinette had no choice but to leave the camp to go get the firewood.