Chapter 3: New Friends

Jasper Highschool.

The bell rang as students filed out of their classrooms to get ready for the next session. The hallways were crowded, students we're taking their moment to chat with their friends.

"Guys, did you see what Bulkhead and I did yesterday? That was the most awesome dune-bashing day ever!" Miko jumped up and down, a wide grin on her face.

Jack groaned and rolled his eyes.

"While you were doing that, I helped Ratchet and Preceptor upgrade Teletraan I. They said that I could help them with other stuff if I want to." An excited smile was on Raf's face as he said this.

"Blah blah blah, skip the boring parts. But great job Raf! I couldn't even do my algebra homework." Miko gave the smaller boy a thumbs up.

Cue facepalm from Jack.

"Sorry to cut the conversation guys, but I'm kinda late for work so..." he trailed off.

Miko smirked and crossed her arms.

"Ooh, Mr. I'm-an-adult-and-can-do-anything-I-want-and-Im-the-oldest is late for work~ Watcha gonna do. Go to work, or make a new friend here."

Jack gave her a glare then sighed defeated.

"Fine, I'm sure my boss can let this slide just this once."

Miko clapped her hands. "Yay!"

"Let's go! I know a place that you'll like Ceci!"

The older girl blinked in confusion.

"The mall of course!"

Raf raised a hand. "I need to call my mom first."

Jasper Mall.

Miko held the other girl's arm as she strolled around the mall. The boys were behind them, Jack looking at his surroundings as if something will pop up soon and Raf fiddling with some kind of machine in his hands.

"Have you seen this store before? It has lots of games and movies that you should try. Oh! This is where I dyed my hair. Hi Jerry!" she waved to a man inside.

"This is where Raf bought his toy car-"

"Hey." Raf sounds offended.

"-This is where I bought my first guitar! And where I got an ax."

"Miko, why did you get an ax in the first place?" Jack asked. Miko shrugged.

"Just wanted it for no reason."

Cecilia tuned their conversation out for a little while. The necklace she was wearing glowed through her purple shirt and was giving a warm thrum. She looked around and saw an electronics store.

Without her knowing she had begun walking towards it. A hand on her arm stopped her. She looked down and saw Raf's worried eyes.

"H-hey Cecile, are you okay? You zoned out for a bit back there," he asked. She nods. She cleared her throat and placed a hand on her neck and hoped that he got the meaning.

"O-oh, you're thirsty. I am too, come on. Let's go to the Food Plaza. I'm sure they'll both be okay without us." he started walking in front of her.

Cecilia stared at the electronics store for a second before jogging up to catch up with him.

Raf got a smoothie while she got a cup of warm tea. He slurped his drink happily as both of them sat at a table.

"So Cecile, " Raf began. "Do you have any favorite hobbies?"

She nods and wrote on the notepad that she brought in her bag.

"Reading, studying history and playing instruments. Wow." he fixed his glasses and sipped his drink.

Cecelia gestured him to take his turn.

"Me? Well, I like fixing stuff and building small inventions. Like my remote-controlled car. I made it myself. Miko didn't know that." he mumbled the last part.

The girl gave a small laugh and pat his spiky hair. Raf smiled in return. Happy that he made her laugh.

"So, we're friends?" he held out a hand for her to take. She shook it and nod.

- TIME SKIP -

"Yo Raf! Ceci! Where have you two been?!" Miko asked as Cecilia and Raf came back from buying their drinks.

Raf shrugged. "We just went for a walk around and talked for a bit." he glanced around. "Where's Jack?"

Miko's tongue stuck out in annoyance. "His mom called, said that his boss was kinda mad at him so he had to get back."

"Oh."

The Japanese girl's mood brightened as she grinned. "Hey guys, I have a plan. Let's prank him! Watcha say?"

You and Raf looked at each other, then back to her.

"Sure, why not," he answered. You nod in agreement.

Miko did a small jump and squealed.

"First, we need to buy a paint bucket."