Chapter 4: New Laptop

Cecilia's house.

"Honey! Dinner is ready!" Cecilia's mother called from downstairs.

Said girl placed a bookmark between the pages she had read and closed the book. She set it down on her table and stood up. She stretched and gave a sigh when she heard her stiff joints pop.

She went downstairs and entered the kitchen. She found her mother placing the dishes on the table. The woman gave her a big smile.

"Just in time. Come on, eat. I made you your favorite, grilled cheese sandwiches. Yum!"

Cecilia wondered in her mind of where did all her mother's positivity come from. And where is her's? Probably locked somewhere deep in her mind.

"Thanks," she said in a soft voice. She doesn't use her voice often. She prefers to be silent. Her vocals we're not used for so long and now her voice became really quiet.

"No problem honey, now, you won't believe what happened at work today."

- TIME SKIP -

After a few minutes of thinking, Cecilia decided to head back to the mall. She knew that something was there in the electronics store and she wants to find out what. Her necklace kept glowing, but not as bright as yesterday.

She packed a few snacks, a water bottle, her wallet, and a gun. For safety reasons of course. She won't use it until it's very urgent.

She wrote a small note to her mom that she will be going out and will be back before 9 p.m. She stuck it onto the fridge and headed outside.

The mall wasn't very far from her house so she went there on foot.

When she arrived, she went straight to the electronics store. She stopped before the entrance and looked around. She felt someone looking at her. People were walking around, some were talking on the phone, chatting with friends, everyone's doing their own business.

She took one last glance and walked into the store. There were phones, headphones, tablets, gaming consoles and much more. One caught her eye though.

It was a sleek and thin laptop. She held it and examined it. It looked new. Her necklace suddenly glowed brightly and a purple light encased the laptop. It happened for a few seconds before it stopped growing and everything was back to normal.

She needed to buy this. She doesn't know why but she has this impulse to do it.

She brought it to the cashier.

A man was there, he looked like he's been working here for a while. When he saw the laptop he made a noise of surprise.

"You sure you want to buy that?" he asked. She nodded.

"This thing has been causing problems in the store, " he explained. You raised an eyebrow.

"Yup, some guys who took the night shift said that they saw this thing open up by itself and making beeping noises, like a bomb. They left it alone and the next day when they tried to look at the security recordings, they found them erased."

She didn't want to believe this guy's story. But found her doing just so. This laptop is interesting.

"If you really want this, then okay. I'll save you the trouble, half price off. We won't be missing this thing anytime soon."

She nods and pulled out her wallet and gave him the money. He placed the laptop inside its bag and handed it to her. As she left she heard him say.

"You'll need the luck kid."