Girls

song for chapter: one that got away by katy perry (cover)
--
*Matty's POV*

Still the same person aren't you matty? Still the same fuck up. Still the same loose canon, still the same player, still the same loser. Get over yourself Matty. You will never be anything and you are treating an amazing, sweet girl like shit. You're still the same Matty. Still the same.

Layla came back from the bathroom and quickly ducked into her kitchen, something was wrong, I could feel it, but I didn't ask.

She came out of the kitchen with eggs and bacon and a grim expression on her face, it was obvious something was bothering her. But being the prick I was, I didn't ask her what was wrong. I didn't know why I didn't ask, I guess I just really didn't want to know, although a small part of me wanted her to pour her heart and soul out to me.

~~~

*Layla's POV*

"...and oblivion is inevitable and I'm in love with you Hazel Grace..." The tv blared. We were watching 'The Fault in our stars', mainly because i wanted an excuse to cry.

Matty looked incredibly bored so i flicked off the tv.

"What would you like to do Matty?" I asked him, we still had until 11 pm until my mum would be home and i figured Matty wouldn't want to be seen with me outside after his girlfriend had just died.

"Lets go to the ice rink in town." Matty said. Guess i was wrong. I can't say i was too happy about his suggestion though as i kind of sucked at ice skating.

"Really? Um, sure. I warn you though, i suck." I said finishing off my bacon and stealing a piece off Matty's plate.

"That's fine, I'll catch you if you fall." Matty said winking.

"How very kind of you, young gentleman." I smirked. "Let me just get you a coat and jeans, i'm sure my brothers old clothes would fit you.

"You have a brother." Matty asked and i winced.

"Um, he passed a couple of years back." I said and threw him black jeans and a long black coat.

"Oh." Matty said blankly. Hmm, guess he really didn't care. No strings attached.

"Come on then." I grabbed his arm and pulled him out to his car.

We drove in silence, a comfortable silence though.

Walking into the rink and buying tickets, i felt like everyone was staring at us. Even though i knew i was being paranoid, i felt like everyone was judging me for being seen with Matty so soon after Milly.

I wished i could grab onto Matty's hand for support but i knew that whatever we were doing didn't include holding hands and being all romantic. In public we were strictly friends, in the bedroom we were strictly fuck buddies. There was always something sparking between us though, i knew that i felt something for him and i hoped he felt the same way.

The man at the ticket booth passed over our ice skates and we tugged them on, holding onto each other as we hobbled onto the ice.

Matty let go of me as soon as we got onto the ice and started to show off. I laughed as he slipped and fell immediately onto his ass.

"I don't think its me who needs the catching." I laughed.

Matty raced over to me and pushed me, sending me flying into another skater.

"Excuse me, sorry." I apologized to the lady i had crashed into.

I wobbly skated over to Matty who was laughing uncontrollably,

"Not funny." I said trying to hide the smile that threatened at the corners of my mouth.

"Oh come on, it was pretty funny." Matty laughed.

"You're a dork." I chuckled, punching him softly in the arm.

Matty grabbed my arm and twirled me. He smiled at me, his brown eyes sparkling. That was the moment i knew he felt it too.

I was about to kiss him right then and there when Milly's old friend, Lia, skated over to us.

"Oh my gosh! Matty! I haven't seen you in ages! How are you cutie?" Lia gushed

"Um fine." Matty said trying to pry her off his arm but she latched on tighter.

"How are you holding up after...the accident." Lia asked and my fists instantly clenched. How. Dare. She.

I was about to knock all the fakeness out of her until Matty gave me a look.

"Um. Fine. I think." Matty said, sad look in his eyes.

I wanted to jump on him and attack him with kisses and make his eyes crinkle with laughter. I wanted to hold his hand and squeeze it until he felt better. I wanted to tell him everything would be okay. But i couldn't and i never would be able to.

*~ hello again c:

i havent updated in 2627289382828 years sorry 😁 idk busy busy busy

aw

do you think matty should get with layla? #mayla :')

~*