Tell me your sins

song for chapter: take me to church (cover by sophia karlberg)
-
*Laylas POV*

"You can't do this Matty. Its not fair on me, its not fair on you. You don't have to pretend for the baby or whatever you think you're doing. I know you don't love me okay? So stop making me fall even more in love with you." I shouted. I was so damn angry and disappointed. I wanted to believe him, I just couldn't at this point.

"What the hell Lay? I love you and you tell me I'm pretending? I'm not going anywhere, I love you, I love this baby, I love you Layla now shut up and kiss me." Matty shouted back, putting a hand to the back of my neck pushing his lips on mine.

I struggled against his grasp and finally detached myself from him, his face was utterly confused.

"Look. Matty, you're not in love with me, your body and brain are telling you that because it's like a survival instinct or some shit but it's not real okay? My love for you is real, yours is not. Oh how I wish it was real but I can't accept it because I killed your girlfriend and my bestfriend." I finished and started to walk away but I felt a hand latch on to my own. I sighed and turned towards Matty, ready to push away any advances.

Matty suddenly pulled me into a hug which surprised me so much that I didn't have the strength to pull him off of me. I had to admit, though the feeling of his warm chest plus the smell of roasted chestnuts and Matty's cologne made me relax a little, I was still on edge as I didn't accept the 'fact' that Matty loved me.

"Layla, I do love you. Its not my survival instincts, its my heart. The sooner you realize this is real, the better." Matty said lifting my head to look at his beautiful brown eyes.

"I...can't." I said and looked down and my feet only to have my chin scooped back up by Matty's fingers.

"And that's okay, I'll just have to prove it." Matty said and I smiled, he wouldn't be able to prove it because he didn't love me.

•••
*Matty's POV*

How the hell was I mean't to prove to her that I loved her. I knew I truly did love her, even after finding out she was Milly's killer. No I wouldn't call her a killer, it was an accident. I just needed a plan to surprise her with my love. Engagement? No she would decline in fear of it not being real. Expensive gift? No too cheesy, plus God knows I don't have the money for that. I had no idea, I guess I would just have to figure it out later, but first I needed to talk to Layla about a few things.

"Can we talk about something serious?" I asked.

"Sure." Layla said and led me to the couch.

"Great memories here." I said jokingly, knowing it probably wasn't an appropriate time.

Layla just scoffed and shook her head, a small smile spreading across her lips.

"Anyway, I wanted to ask you about...living arrangements. When you know, the baby comes." I said quickly, trying the method of ripping the bandaid off quickly.

"Um, well...we're not together so we won't live together but we will definitely spend a lot of time with each other and you will see the baby everyday if possible." Layla said and a look of sadness dashed across my face.

"But I want to be together." I said.

"No. Stop. If you feel that way after the baby is born maybe I will reconsider but right now you're talking nonsense." Layla said. Ouch. That stung.

"Fine. For now. Okay what about baby gender, are we waiting or finding out or what." I asked, not really caring either way.

"Well, in the retrospect of decorating a room for the baby, I would like to find out the gender, but we can wait if you want." Layla said and I thought it was adorable at how proper she was being.

"You're so cute when you use big words." I teased. "But yes I agree. What about baby names? Any thoughts yet?"

"Well actually yeah I've thought about it." Layla said but she seemed hesitant to tell me about them.

"Well tell me then because if it was up to me I would just call him or her football players names and I don't think you want that." I joked.

Layla almost smiled but faltered incredibly fast, like she was forcing herself not to smile.

"Well, if it's a boy I would like to call him Luca James and for a girl Alia Faith." Layla said and I was completely in awe, I loved both names.

"I love them both! They are so nice and not at all what I thought you would name them. I would have thought he or she would be called Metallica or Oasis." I teased, all I wanted was to make her smile.

"Really? Very funny." Layla said letting out a quiet chuckle. I could see she was itching to laugh hysterically but she was stopping herself. Why? So that she could prove a point? But what point?

"Truly though, I love them." I said and Layla finally let herself genuinely smile.

--
We had been sitting here for hours, cuddled up on the couch watching endless disney movies.

"Aren't I the best boyfriend ever?" I asked Layla, placing a kiss on her head.

"No, because you're not my boyfriend." She replied.

"Ouch. Then what am I?" I asked.

"The father of my baby, who I happen to be madly in love with." Layla said looking up at me from her position in the crook of my arm.

"And who happens to be just as madly in love with you, but somehow you don't see it. How ever will we explain that to people." I remarked.

"What people do we have to explain it to? We both don't have any real friends anyway." Layla replied throwing me off completely.

"We're kind of losers then aren't we." I said laughing a bit. I needed to get us a real friend.

"Well there is soon to be three losers." Replied Layla.

"Did you just call our unborn child a loser?" I teased.

•••
*Layla's POV*

This was nice. Witty banter, Disney movies and cuddles. It's what I wanted my whole life to be like with Matty but unfortunately I didn't think that could ever happen as Matty would never love me truly. I'm not sure what made me think that way, but I did and it was the only way I could think.

I got up to go to the bathroom and looked back at Matty, he was so so handsome and everything I could ever ask for. So why was I pushing that away? Because I thought it was the right thing to do? I'm wasn't sure, but one thing I knew for sure was that I was head over heels in love with him.

*~firstly: OMG WUT 2K READS THANKYOU SO MUCH AHHHHHH 💓💓💓 much love much love

secondly: okay i know its been a while since ive updated but a) last year i got so busy with school b) xmas and nee years came and c) im the worlds best procrastinator so yeah haha sorry *backs away nervously*

thirdly: i know y'all are probably hating me for this chapter haha Layla is stupid tehe love y'all but oh well oh btw its like 2am when i'm writing this so i apologize for all the grammar and spelling errors

fourthly: if you don't know the original version of the song above you should look it up its take me to church by hozier, he is bae and a beautiful singer 💓😍

Fithly lol: sorry that this "chapter" is so lame & is a filler omg I hate it

Sixly haha: Luca James is the name I chose for my friends baby who is due on May 21 so dedication to her (Congrats Ally)

lastly: if y'all want to follow me on twitter its @cthdaisy and tweet me #MAYLA or #FallLove for a follow back xx~*