1. Mad

Inspired by the song Mad by Ne-Yo. Hope you like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They sat on opposite sides of the room as they stared at each other. Anyone who walked into the room could easily tell that the both of them were entirely drained.

The shouting and screaming from the latest fighting match had finally ended and neither one of them knew what to do next.

As Kaycee stared at him, Sean kept trying to read her expression, trying to understand what was going through her head.

Neither one of them could remember what the fight was specifically about. They just sat there on opposite sides of the room, back against the wall, staring at each other in complete silence.

It was clear that if one of them said something else, it would turn into a whole new shouting match and silence was the safest bet.

"How could you forget to pick me up because her?" Kaycee said as they entered the house. The hurt in her voice clear as day.

"Baby, I already told you, the business meeting ran over time and she just happens to be part of the board" he said following her into the house setting the keys in the ceramic bowl on the small table at the entry of the house.

"The least you could do was call me. I had to wait four hours Sean. FOUR HOURS!" Her voice starting to rise
"My phone died before the meeting and I didn't take my charger so I couldn't charge it in the car." He said trying to soothe her anger.

"You knew my car was in the shop Sean, I can't go anywhere without you" she said as disappointment filled her features. "What happened?" she asked quietly.

"The meeting ended and as I was about to get into the car, Josie came up to me with a different prospective sponsor..."

"So you left with her!?" she asked getting a little louder. "You left with her while I was waiting for you on the other side of town?"

"It could have been something to help with the studio" he started to argue back. "It turned out to be a bust any way" he mumbled under his breath.

"You know she's in love with you Sean, why do you keep pushing the boundaries with her!" she yelled as moved across the room.

"She is NOT in love with me" he said with a little growl.

"She is. Anyone can see it when they look at her" she shouted at him. "Is that who you want?" she yelled angrily at him obviously coming to an unreasonable conclusion. "Is she who you want?" she spat angrily from across the room.

"Why are you even asking me that, Kayc, she's just a friend" he screamed back at her.

"DO NOT YELL AT ME!" Kaycee yelled back, sliding down the wall, her head in her hand as he mirrored her actions on the opposite side of the room then looking up to stare at her.

There was a killer silence that echoed through the house. They both understood that days like this would come but it still hurt a little when they did.

Sean didn't like having to go to bed knowing something was bothering the love of his life. He just couldn't comprehend how the situation had escalated so quickly.

"How can you not see that you are absolutely everything that I could possibly want in this life" he said softly after the screaming ceased.

Kaycee looked up from where she sat on the opposite side of the room, her demeanor softening tremendously.

"You're everything I want too" she said softly as her eyes started to fill with tears.

"Then, baby, why are even fighting? You know I can't stand the fact that you're mad at me" Sean said as he looked at the floor.

Kaycee then thought it was time to make her move. She got up slowly from her position on the floor and walked over to where Sean was seated on the opposite side of the room.

He didn't hear her approach him but the sight of her feet in front of him propelled his head upward to meet her eyes. Without saying a word, she got onto the floor and crawled onto his lap, his arms automatically coming around her.

After a few minutes of just sitting there in his arms, Kaycee turned around, straddling him and lifted his chin so his eyes met hers.

"I'm sorry babe, I didn't mean to yell at you. I don't know what came over me" she said as she ran her hand through his hair. She leaned forward slowly touching her forehead with his.

The unshed tears in her eyes slipped down onto her cheeks as she shut her eyes. His breath could be felt on her lips and his hair against her forehead. His arms wrapped themselves around her pulling her a little closer.

A sigh left his lips as he looked at her beautiful face that now had tears flowing down her cheeks. He lifted his hand to her cheek, gently swiping the tears away.

"Hey" he whispered softly, his voice so low it almost could not be heard. She heard him and opened her eyes to meet his. His hand still lay on her cheek and she snuggled her face into it.

"We're okay" he said quietly. Another tear slipped onto her cheek as she nodded her head. His thumb automatically wiped it from her cheek.

"I hate when we fight" she said softly, pressing her forehead against his again.

"I know baby. I know" he said trying to soothe her. "I would do anything to make you happy" his voice so low.

"I would too" she replied just as low.

"Just so you know, no one would ever take me away from you. You're it for me baby. I could never live without you. You complete me. I'm the luckiest man on the planet because you chose me." He whispered to her.

"I don't know what I'd do without you" she said in response as she clang to him.

"To be completely honest, it's kinda hot when you get jealous" he said trying to lighten the mood a little.

"Stop" she said with a little giggle.

"There we go" he said with a smile. "There's the smile I fell in love with. And it still can make rainbows" he said brushing a stray hair away from her cheek tucking it behind her ear as she lifted her face to meet his eyes.

"I am so in love with you" she said as looked into his eyes.

"And I'm so in love with you too" he responded a smile, his eyes mirroring hers showing just how much he loved her. "You're my entire world" he said.

"And you're mine" she responded as she brought her lips down to touch his softly but quickly escalating as their anger and stress from earlier faded into the evening.