2. Sliently

Sean had known her for what seemed like forever. Like every other mini dancer, they entered every competition they could to enhance their abilities. Even as a kid, he could tell the petite girl with the beautiful brown locks and eyes that were hazel pools able to stare into his soul, would be something special.

Meeting her for the first time was a matter of chance. They both attended a dance competition both not knowing who the other was. Their mothers forced them to take a picture and that was when he got a chance to actually look at her.

She was bound to be something extraordinary and his young mind already saw it.

Years passed and they became friends. How could they not be friends? They saw each other everywhere.

Their friendship began to blossom and they became as close as ever after they competed as a duo on World of Dance. Sean got to see her in a different light when they spent almost every day together in rehearsals and on the occasions where he went on family trips with the Rice family.

It was so easy to fall for her. Not only was she beautiful but she had the most gentle soul in the entire universe. She saw the good in everything. It was something that always caught people’s attention. It's what caught his.

As they lay on the couch in her living room, he couldn’t help but wonder what would happen if he hadn’t met her. She had become so special to him.

She was his light in the darkness.

It was easy to tell that he loved her. He showed her this in every action. She didn’t really see this. It all seemed a little unreal. She doubted he could ever love her.

The entire world could see that she held a special place in his heart. She was his everything. They could see it in the way he would take care of her, the glances he cast her way, the way he would hold her a little longer when they hugged, the way he would tuck her hair behind her ears as he helped with her hoodie.

They were so comfortable; it would have been difficult to separate the pair.

He loved her entirely. But this he never told her. She never questioned any of his actions.

Kaycee was particularly sure that her life would be a little dull without Sean. He made her laugh, he cooked for her, he was always there to talk to and she was never really alone.

She was so grateful she found him. She thought she didn’t deserve him.

She knew they had moments. There were times when he was so close she could feel his breath on her lips hoping he would move just a few inches to feel his lips on hers. There were times when he would hold her longer than necessary but she didn’t mind, she could spend forever in his arms. There times when she would just look at him and just be blown away with how handsome he was.
She wasn’t very open when it came to her feelings but he brought out the best in her.

Only the people who knew her the best realized the change in her behavior. She was falling for him. It happened slowly and she began to see him in a different light.

And they stayed like this for several of their teen years. Loving each other, quietly hoping the other would snap out of the trance and realize what was going on.

She was cuddled up to him, lying partially on his chest as the both scrolled through their phones. Every now and then she would look up trying to catch his attention to show him a meme or something fascinating she found on the internet.

He held onto his secret while she held on hers. He wanted to tell her but he didn’t want to ruin their beautiful friendship. She was thinking the exact same thing.

They did what they always did over at her house, they watched either F.R.I.E.N.D.S or The Office, enjoying each other’s company and when they went to Lake House, they spent the entire day outside.

It was one of those days and they were both so tired from the amount of fun they had at the lake. She started to doze of as they lay on her bed hours later, watching one of the two shows on her laptop. Her head fell on Sean’s chest as she tried to make herself comfortable.

He welcomed her with open arms, brushing her hair from her face. Her breathing started to even out indicating that she had fallen into her sleep.

“How can someone be so beautiful?” he so wondered out loud.

“How did I end up so lucky?” he said aloud as he continued to stare down at her playing with the tips of her curly hair.

He then moved to put the laptop on her desk and returned to the bed. Her beautiful face had a frown at his sudden disappearance. He then settled back into the bed pulling her close as she snuggled closer.

Even after all that time, she was always keeping him sane; his light in the darkness surrounding him. And even though he never told her just how much he loved her, she knew to some extent.

Both had fallen asleep in each others arms.

Just like that, they were enveloped by the stillness of the evening.

And there they stayed, silently loving each other, hoping one saw how they couldn’t live without the other.