9. Love Me By Now (Part II)

The room was getting too warm for comfort. Kaycee shoved off whatever was left of her blankets onto the floor trying to grasp the last bits of sleep that were slowly slipping away. It failed miserably because she was already awake. A frustrated sigh escaped as her eyes finally opened.

For a quick second, she didn’t recognize where she was. She then turned over, staring at the ceiling as the events of the night before washed over. A huge smile graced her face as she recalled what had happened previously.

The rain still hadn’t slowed down since she left the bar. The Uber was warm, and the driver was nice, but she had too much on her mind. She tried to reason with herself that she couldn’t just cut Sean out of her life because she just had too much connecting to him.

She still had joint projects planned for the next six months that obviously involved Sean. She would just have to deal with it and hope that she would be able to rebuild herself after all of that. She’d just have to bury her feelings and get on with each project hoping that no one would notice her cracks.

At the thought, a tear slipped onto her cheek and she brushed it away quickly trying not to make it obvious that she was crying. The driver had stopped the conversation earlier when she realized that Kaycee wasn’t in the mood for a conversation.

The car turned a corner then came to a stop. “We’re here, honey” the driver said with a kind voice. Kaycee then suddenly missed her mom.

“Thank you” she said, paying and unbuckling her seatbelt. She then pulled the door handle trying to exit the car.

The driver, who heard the door, looked up catching Kaycee’s eye.

“Everything will get better, hon. You just gotta take it one step at a time.” she said.

“Thanks” she said jumping out into the rain, rushing into the apartment complex.

An elevator ride later, she stood dripping wet in front of Kylie’s door. She then knocked on the door and a few seconds later, her sister stood  before her.

“Kayc?”

“Hi” she said as her emotions started to get a hold of her. “Can I hang out for a while?”

Kylie was already pulling her into the apartment closing and locking the door. She pulled Kaycee into the kitchen sitting her on a stool and put the kettle on before rushing away in search of a towel. She appeared later with two towels wrapping them around her sister.

“You’re gonna catch a cold.” She said rubbing her hands up and down Kaycee’s arm’s trying to warm her up.

Kaycee just sat there with the towel wrapped around her looking at her sister as the tears started to fall.

“I don’t even know why I’m crying” she said with a laugh. Kylie then gave a hug, holding onto her younger sister hoping to ease her pain a little.

“You wanna talk about it?” Kylie asked still holding on to her sister.

“Not really” Kaycee replied, getting out of sister’s grasp.

“Okay, should I call Sean?” Kylie asked as she made her way around the counter to make Kaycee some tea to help warm her up.

“Can we just have a girl’s night in?” Kaycee asked as she readjusted the towel around her shoulders and the other her sister had wrapped her hair in.

Kylie then realized that Sean was a sore subject and quickly agreed to the girl’s night. Clearly the girl didn’t want Sean coming around anytime soon.