4. Gods & Angels

**this chapter contains mentions of domestic violence**

After Marcus' surprising declaration that he would one day assassinate Ronald Regan, the rest of the rat's froze for a moment before breaking out into fits of laughter. Lex pointed at him and ginned amusingly, "He said he's going to kill the bloody Gipper!"

Petra chuckled, "Better do it before your hot date with Chico, huh?"

"That guy's all talk," Marcus shook his head.

"The last bloke who looked at Maria was Chico's cousin," Lex told him taking a drag of the blunt in between his fingers, "Chico jammed a barbecue fork into his back. Left him a bloody paraplegic".

Marcus tried to rationalize, "Yeah, but the rules, they prevent you from-"

"Chico doesn't give a shit about rules, man," Petra cut him off, "He's a butcher".

"No joke." Billy added.

"It's like how white men get away with everything because their on top, Soto Vatos are the top class," Gia explained to him walking over to Marcus and patting him on the shoulder.

Lex also moved to stand in front of him and concluded, "And ready or not, after school today, one of you is going to die".

♡ ♡ ♡

Later that night, Gia prepared everything she would need for Lin's assignment. She had tight black shorts on with her knife holsters on her thighs. She wore a loose black skirt over it, that came down just to were the tip of her knifes were, allowing her easy access to them.

Grabbing her signature jacket with Medusa's head painted on it, she made her way to stand in front of the mirror. It stood just beside the door of her bedroom at King's. She scans her glitter ridden face. Carefully sliding her finger under her lip, Gia cleaned off some stray pink lipstick. Then like slipping on a glove, she precisely placed her pink wig on her head, taking an extra moment to pin it down.

With that Gia was ready for the night ahead of her. She had to complete Lin's assignment, his voice rang in echos in her head, "Search the city... Someone you think deserves to die... kill them... Discard the body...Hide all evidence... Bring me proof".

The target, Gia had acquired not too long ago, she had gotten a message from an associate behind the beauty salon down the street. A woman named, Amelie, needed help. She wanted to get rid of her husband and Medusa would gladly assist.

As Gia walked down the wet pavement, she fiddled with the slip of paper in her jacket pocket containing the address. The husband, Fred, would be home alone, while Amelie would be out at work late and their daughter would sleep over at a friends house. I would slip in and slip out, easy peasy. Wrong.

What was that theory? Murphy's Law, everything that can go wrong will go wrong... And so it did.

The girl in the pink wig climbed the fire escape up to the 4th floor, the window was unlocked allowing her easy entry. Carefully she stepped through, unaware of where in the house Fred would be. She found him, like most drunk fathers who beat their wives and kids, drinking while a baseball game played on the TV. He was fishing in the fridge for a beer, the kitchen lights off. The only thing illuminating the room was the dim florescent light from the refrigerator. Gia slid a gloved hand across the granite counter, "You know Fred, I get relaxing after a long week," she said speaking in a smooth silky voice, "But it's Tuesday".