6. Fuck Being Sad The Cops Are Here

By later in the day everyone had heard of Shabnam's party. After getting dressed in a tight pink tee-shirt and a flared denim skirt, Gia slipped on her black boots before making her way across the hall. Her hair was not cooperating with her and she felt like looking nice tonight so she swung by Maria's room for help curling her hair. After she stayed around her room sat with Saya listening to music and chatting.

It was nice having 'girl talk' as stereotypical as it was to say or even think, Gia enjoyed it regardless. It wasn't often her and Petra discussed topics like boys, hair, or clothes unless it was making fun of boys, hair, or clothes. And although she did enjoy mocking the subject, it was fun to actually talk about it too.

"During the pop quiz, you were awful close to Marcus," Maria tells Saya as she paints her nails from above where she sat on her bed.

"Yeah, you were, I thought I was gonna have to look after him," Gia adds sat next to Maria hot curlers covering her head.

As she flips through Maria's collection of tapes, Saya admits, "Lin made him my secret pledge".

"No, shit?" Maria gasps, "So anything that psycho does is on your ass?"

"Yeah," Saya huffs.

Gia raises her eyebrows at her through the mirror, "Well you're definitely screwed then," she chuckles. She said it jokingly but knew her words were true.

"I kissed him," Maria whispers.

"I did too," Saya says looking up at the two of them through the mirror. Gia lightly gasps from behind her.

Maria scrunches up her face, "Slut," she accuses her and the girl next to her rolls her eyes.

"Oh, relax," Saya groans, "It was the easiest way to lure him back. Did you?" She asks turning to look back at Gia, Maria doing the same.

Gia shakes her head, "I almost fell on him when we were in the botanical classroom and I got real close to..." she says them recalling the moment Marcus had helped her up earlier that day. "I think we should be calling him the slut..." she tells them considerably. "I mean c'mon," she says waving her hands in the air, "Lex also kissed him but that's just Lex being Lex".

"Mm-hmm, true, that's pretty slutty of him," Saya agrees, "You?" She asks Maria wondering why she kissed Marcus too.

"I set him up to take out Chico," the Latina whispers quietly.

"Maria!" Both Gia and Saya shout turning toward her.

"I know," Maria says guiltily, "After he tried, I guess I felt like rewarding him," she shrugged closing her nail polish.

"Skank! Did you touch his dick?" Saya asks, both her and Gia noting the look on Maria's face, "You like him?"

"Oh, as if," Maria groans rolling over and placing the polish bottle on her dresser.

"I think we should stop talking about it," Saya mumbles.

"No, no, no," Maria says grabbing Saya's hand to help her up and then lugging Gia off her seat on the bed. Holding both their hands she begins to dance around, "There's a cute new boy in school we both kissed," she says looking to Saya and then to Gia, "And almost kissed".