Prologue

Long long ago ,when the four nations had , just, begun to form ,the fire nation was devided.

From the one side ,there were the fire benders , who drew power from the sun and their masters were the mighty dragons. Their flames were the usual beautiful colour of orange and red. The fire benders believed that the power of each person individually, was strong enough for someone to achieve anything he or she desires.

From the other side, there were the phoenix fire benders , who drew power from the many stars with their masters being the brave phoenixes. Their flames were brighter from the dragons' , almost yellow and gold .The phoenix fire benders believed in the power that comes with unity.

For years , the dragons and the phoenixes fought to see who was the most powerful. The dragons claimed that they were the strongest since they drew power from the biggest star , the sun. But phoenixes claimed that even if the sun wasn't their source , the millions of the other, smaller stars combined, made them strong enough to be equals to the dragons and sometimes even stronger. They had the power of unity.

After years and years of conflict, one of the strongest phoenixes , Lia , and one of the strongest dragons , Nil , decided to put an end to these wars. They decided , that all dragons and phoenixes were equals. Although, they stopped the fights between them , they had to put an end to the human conflicts too. They had to show them that together, fire benders and phoenix fire benders were much stronger.

So they decided to choose two humans . The one was chosen from Nil , a fire bender and the other one , the phoenix fire bender, was chosen by Lia. The two humans , were destined to be together , they were soulmates. When the humans saw the couple , at first they were scared and angry at them for committing something so unethical. But after realizing , that they were chosen by the masters and what their goal was ,they immediately accepted them.

The people of the fire nation made them prince and princess and they were the begging of the royal family of the united fire nation.

Realizing the positive outcome of their decision , Lia and Nil , for the next years , chose humans to be the next dragon prince or princess and phoenix prince or princess, with one of them being from the royal family, to be soulmates . If there was none worthy of the royal family , there ,simply ,weren't soulmates and they waited for the worthy one to be born.

This was a story which Aria knew very well. When she was a little a girl , she found it so magical and romantic  for two people to find each other and descover that they are soulmates. She dreamed , that one day , she was going to find her prince too. She made different scenarios in her head and imagined them happening . But all that changed , when she got older. She started  being indifferent towards such stories.Reality was cruel. She was no princess , she was a servant of one , and this was no fairytale. This was war.