Chapter 4: Stone's Hurt

I was awake before sunrise on Sunday, not having very good sleep. I'd been here two weeks now. Two long weeks. All had been quiet these past weeks, allowing us the opportunity to train more. As well as make my room more comfortable. My walls were (f/c), my bed suit was (s/f/c), the frame being black/white (depends on your favorite colors, what y'all think would look best.), and nightstands on either side of the back, matching the beds frame, as well as a matching chest. I had a desk on one side of the room, a bean bag chair on one side of it, a bookshelf on the other. Now, the opposite side of the room was slightly bare. It had a closet, and a curtain to change behind.
    My room was comfy, but not home. Nothing would ever be home. My heart hurt, but to get my mind off the sad thought, I crossed the room to my desk. My room was still empty. No book, pictures, small trinkets, nothing aside from my furniture. Laying on my desk was black cloth, clean, and perfectly folded. I picked it up, my breath hitching in my throat. A gi. It was short sleeved, accompanied by long fingerless gloves. The gloves had yellow ribbons sewed into them, twisting from the elbows to the wrists. The top had slight v-neck, either side adorned with small golden dragons. Another ribbon was sewn from the waist, slanting down towards the thigh, tied at a knot, the rest of the ribbon draping low. It had black boots, laying on the floor, yellow ribbons twisting up and down them.
    I put on the gi, pulling the hood on and putting on the matching black mask, putting the strings behind my ears. I slip on the boots, tightening the ribbons on them to keep them up. Another ribbon was around my thigh, this one a little stretchy, to put a dagger in. I turn to my closet, opening it to look in the mirror on the inside door. My heart thundered beneath my ribs as my (e/c) eyes slid up my body.
    This was too surreal. Why was I doing this? I don't...I don't belong here. The air around me grew dense, suffocating with my panic. I was gasping, my breathing quickened as I stumbled backward. I tripped over my feet, falling backward onto the ground. I couldn't do this. I couldn't. Tears ran down my face as I sobbed. I wasn't strong. This power was a curse. It shouldn't have been given to me. I shouldn't even be here. I should be with my parents.
    I didn't notice anyone had come into my room until warm arms picked me up, pulling me into their body. Someone was murmuring in my ear, rocking me back and forth. Slowly I began calming down, my sob's turning into hiccups, the air slowly turning back to normal.
    "It's okay, (Y/N). Breathe." Lloyd's voice was soft, comforting. "I came to ask for help..but it looks like you needed it more, huh?" He lightly pushes a piece of hair behind my ear, smiling warmly at me.
    "I..sorry. I'm so sorry. I just...miss my parent's. I..uh..what'd you need?" I whisper, scrambling away from him as I wipe my eyes. I pull the mask down beneath my chin. Lloyd's eyes widened some, filling with something I couldn't read. It wasn't bad, that much I could tell.
    "You got..your gi? It looks bea- I mean nice, it looks nice on you." He stands, a soft blush dusting his cheeks. He extends his hand to mine, the smile once more returning. Did I look bad? Smell? I take his hand, a dark blush covered my (s/c) cheeks. "I have to clean up after the dragon, and I uh..was wondering if you'd care to help..?"

    "Having a pet dragon is a lot of responsibility, eventually he'll be yours alone. Didn't your mom ever let you have a pet?" Cole questioned after listening to Lloyd's small complaint of disgust.
    "I don't remember my mother. She abandoned me when I was really younger." Lloyd spoke, taking the goggles off as he did. My heart dropped as I wrapped an arm around his, leaning lightly into him. I've grown close to this boy...
    "She just..up and left? Who took care of you?" I murmur, looking up at him with sad eyes.
    "I spent my whole life at Darkly's Boarding School." He said, glancing down at me. He pet my hair some, his expression somewhat distant. My heart slowed as I leaned up, the world distant as I pressed my lips to his cheek gently.
    "Hey, I have a mission you guys, and girl," Nya yelled, sliding down the anchor's chain. I jerked away from Lloyd, as I realized what I'd done. My cheeks turned crimson, my heart pounding. We both looked the opposite way of the other, the Ninja laughing softly. "It's the museum of History. They've asked for you all!" I walk ahead quickly, being the first to reach her.
    "Why? What's going on?" I question, tilting my head to the side. Lloyd stands by me, close enough that I could feel the warmth radiating off of him.
    "Something strange that you'll have to see for yourself to even believe it." She says, gesturing for us all to go. I was gone, racing ahead. I pull the hood over my head, fixing my mask over my nose and mouth.

    "Oh thank heavens you're here." The curator exclaims, walking to meet us as we enter the museum. I hold to my bow, prepared for something, anything to happen.
    "We heard there's an emergency." Sensei Wu states, almost like a question.
    "Yes, come, come. Quickly, this way." The curator instructs, gesturing for us to follow him. We do so, listening as he spoke. "The Stone Warrior exhibit opens to the public tonight, and this couldn't have come at a worse time."
    "What couldn't have come at a worse time, sir?" I ask, glancing around all the Ninja. Being the shortest sucked, but oh well. I was still the youngest, too. Both things weren't about to change.
    "Ninjago City appreciates your help in destroying the Great Devourer some time back, but it appears its toxic venom has seeped into the city sewer system and has had the most unusual after-effect." We all jump away at the rotten smell, gagging at the stench as we enter another room. "The toxicity of the venom brought our merchandise to life! They're so unruly! I just didn't know who else to call!"
    Around the room were many, many stone warrior mini-figures. Their eyes glowed a vibrant green, the same color has the toxic venom outside. One leaped forward, hopping onto Zane's arm, being all cute until it starts hitting him in the head with its stone weapons. He throws it off, letting it crash onto the ground and shatter.
    "We've got this covered. I think we can handle a few toys." Jay stalks in, all of us falling in tow behind him.
    "And please, could you contain the fighting to the gift shop? The doors to the new exhibit will be opening soon. Thank you." And with that, the curator backs out, shutting the doors with him. How hard could this be?
    The stone toys begin jumping towards all of us, being truly chaotic. They knock a head statue on Lloyd's head, and dump beads on the floor, causing Cole and Kai to slip and fall.
    "All right, play time's over. Ninja-go!" Kai yells, soon followed by the other elemental masters aside from Lloyd and I. They caused a mess. Breaking vases, throwing stuff and almost hitting us.
    One escapes, followed by Wu. We smash what is left and soon follow him. But Lloyd and I lack behind briefly. Checking the room once more. After we're done, the little devil takes my hand, lacing our fingers together. He pulls me along, and I let out a small laugh. I grip his hand back, enjoying this lightness.
    "..Misako... Lloyd's mother." Sensei Wu finished once we got in-ears shot. My eyes widen as I look to the older woman mere feet away.
    "My mother.." Lloyd questions, his hand tightening around mine, slightly too hard. I suck in a breath, squeezing his hand gently. A request for him to loosen his grip, though he didn't take the hint, even as Misako approached him.
    "Oh, my little boy! You've grown up so much, much more than I last remember." She smiles, reaching out to touch his arm.
    "Yeah, well, it's been a long time." He speaks as he jerks back, pulling me with him. His arms wrap around me, pulling me close as if he were trying to comfort me. Though I knew it was for himself.
    "I didn't want us to meet like this. I have a reason why I've been away." She frowns, clearly upset. His arms tighten around me, to the point I could hear the racing of his heart.
    "Well, I don't want to hear it." He snaps, leaning forward before jerking back. He turns, pulls me, and heads for the door.
    "Lloyd, wait, please!" The woman cries helplessly. Lloyd let me go, stalking forward. We traverse the halls until he enters a random room. I wrap my arms around him from behind, trying to comfort the male. But his jerks away, slipping beneath the ropes in front of us. A sinkhole that appeared to go on forever lay behind the ropes, though I hesitantly joined him. I didn't touch him. Even if part of me weirdly wanted to.
    "Lloyd? Lloyd!" His mother called in the distance, several footsteps accompanied her. The creaked some as it opened, the woman approaching us. "I'd be careful. That sinkhole doesn't have a bottom, son. It's where I found the ancient Stone Warrior."
    "Ah, "son"? You've been gone my whole life! There's nothing you can say!" Lloyd replies, shaking his head as he looks into the pit. I shift uncomfortably, stuck in the middle of this.
    "Well, I'm going to talk anyway. You wanna know what I've been doing all this time? Long before Sensei Wu ever knew who would be the Green Ninja, I knew it would be you." She spoke, walking around the rope and to the wall opposite of the door, where four banners hung. "And I knew you would eventually have to fight your father. I dropped you off at the Boarding School so I could go learn everything I could about the prophecy, in hope of one day preventing the final battle of good and evil. And all this time, son, I've been trying to save you and your father. Long before time had a name, Ninjago was created by the First Spinjitzu Master--"
    "Yeah, yeah. We've heard this story a hundred times."
    "But you've only heard half of it. In Ninjago, there has always been balance between good and evil. So you know about how the First Spinjitzu Master created Ninjago, but what if I were to tell you, in order for there to be light, there must be shadow, and within shadow, there is darkness. The blackest of darkness that existed from the very beginning. An evil spirit called "The Overlord." The balance was at stake and their battle could have gone on for eternity. Each side powerful, neither could conquer the other until the Overlord created his indestructible warriors: The Stone Army. The Spinjitzu Master did what he could, but he knew he would soon be defeated. So instead of losing the war, he divided Ninjago in two. And lucky for us, since then there has been no trace of the Overlord or his Stone Army, until my recent discovery."
    "So that's why the battle has yet to be decided..it was never finished." Kai mumbles, his eyes narrowing.
    "The battle..?" I hadn't thought to ask, my eyes curious as I glanced to Lloyd.
    "I will face and defeat my father, a Ninja of equal power at my side to aid. All we know is it grows nearer each day. We just don't know when." Lloyd sighs, balling his hands into fists in his lap.
    "But where is this Dark Island?" Cole speaks up, looking at Misako. "I've never heard of it."
    "Disappeared, I presume. But the legend states that so long as the balance between good and evil remains even, the Overlord shall remain trapped from this world. I have always feared your father's ambition will ultimately lead to a shift in the balance. That is why he must be stopped." Misako answer's, continuing to speak.
    "We have each felt the power of the First Spinjitzu Master," Sensei spoke, not saying the whole truth. I haven't. My powers aren't from here. I have yet to learn Spinjitzu.. "passed onto us in the form of the elemental weapons. But now that power has been inherited by the Green Ninja, which is why Lloyd is one of the two who will bring the defeat of this evil. His power is equally as strong as the evil, and with the aid of another's power, it'll bring an end it all. Or else all of Ninjago will fall prey to its darkness."
    "Leaving you was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. But faced with saving you and the world," Misako spoke, her voice sad as she gazed at Lloyd. His hand reaches for mine once more, him seeking comfort. "I had no other choice." Lloyd nods lightly, his face sad as he stared at his mom...
    "Have you discovered a way to prevent me from facing my father?" Lloyd spoke, he spoke hopeful, his hand squeezing mine lightly.
    "I'm sorry, not yet. But I have a reason to believe there's still hope." She smiles, though it turns to shock as she gasps. A crash comes from the door, a huge gaping hole taking its place as it's flung from its hinges. We all turn, Lloyd and I moving under the rope to stand by the Ninja. Jay yells something, but I was staring at Lloyd as he shoved me behind him. Before us, a tall version of the small stone figurines stood. Though he wasn't stone, he was black and red. And very, very tall.
    "The Stone Warrior." Misako murmurs.
    "The Devourer's venom has awakened him!" Zane gasps out, his eyes widening.
    "Oh, great. Kai..take care of him--" Cole starts, though I jump forward, past Lloyd.
    "If anyone is fighting him, it needs to be all of us if he's as tough as Misako says." I rush forward, hoping everyone would follow. I don't think our weapons will work, but I take the chance anyway. I jerk my bow from around my neck and off my shoulder, thrusting an arrow onto it, I pull back as I run, letting the arrow fly. I throw the air forward, using it as a wind to push the arrow forward. It merely hits it, shatters and splintering. Damn. I slide, trying to stop. Though I crash into him. I don't get the chance to hear Misako as the Warrior grabs my foot, swinging me around in the air before tossing me back against the wall. The air softens the flow, barely being able to catch me, though it still hurt. I slid down, crashing into a vase, surprisingly not getting cut.
    I could barely move, my head screaming in pain. I heard the Ninja in the distance, and whenever I was finally able to stand...Lloyd was at my side. He helped me up, slipping his arm around my waist to support me.
    "Ah! This is gonna be much harder than a bunch of bobble-heads, fellas."
    "Yeah, well. Then it's a good thing we're in a museum. 'Cause we're all about to be history!" Jay yells, just as the Warrior comes out. "Run!" Look scoops me up into his arm, raving behind everyone else.
    "Go, go go!" I cry, urging everyone to go faster. We head up the stairs, no one daring to look past their shoulders. I was their eyes from behind. I was able to briefly slow the warrior down, though not for long.. Lloyd set me down on my feet as we entered a room, helping the Ninja slam the door shut. The Warrior flung his sword into the door, breaking open a piece. As the Ninja try "settling the situation like men," I come up with an idea.
    "Why don't both of us try? Your powers, I mean. If someone can share their powers with you..surely I can right now? I mean...isn't it worth a shot?" I grab Lloyd's wrist, staring up at him as the big guy busts through. "It's now or never!" I cry, jerking our hands upwards as the Ninja are thrown back by the blast. An aura surrounds our joined hands, a mix of swirling yellow and green light. A bright light surrounded us, too, radiating off us as the light from our hands slam into the warrior. It growls, shaking violently before exploding.. hundreds, maybe thousands of pieces of rocks flew everywhere. Though the light surrounding us kept them all from hitting us.
    It slowly disappeared as the rocks grumbling and soon turned to dust that was carried away. I was gasping, doubled over in shock. What just happened? What did we do? Lloyd was staring at our still joined hands, just as shocked as me.
    "She is the one who will aid him in the final battle," Zane says, helping the others up from behind us. I couldn't...I couldn't be the one, could I? I barely knew what I could do!
    "But...why? I wasn't...I wasn't supposed to be here in the first place?!" I cry out, whipping around to stumble back. Though darkness soon flooded my vision and I was crashing to the ground.
~

    So yes, I changed up the prophecy, I didn't say it was going to be exactly like the series, did I? Plus, if you think about it..the great Spinjitzu Master couldn't defeat the Overlord, their powers being just as great as the others, so with Lloyd having those same powers, how could he do it whenever his grandfather couldn't? So switching it up made a bit of rushed sense. xD