Chapter 8: Damage

So, I pulled a muscle in my neck. I have no idea how but it was suggested I take it easy with it since it isn't something I can work out. I ended up staying home today-didn't even go to work yesterday-to avoid straining it even more. (I say that because I'm right-handed. Each time I raised either hand or arm my neck would hurt like hell. So I've stayed home, taking Motrin and attempting to keep a heating pad on my neck.)

~

    "Hold the line!" Cole yelled around the howling wind and creaking of the line as we pulled with all our might's. The rain was a rough smack in our faces, stinging and burning our skin with each hit.  The air around us shifted, becoming similar to a barricade around us to keep the rain from getting in our eyes as we pulled the sail's line.

    "The winds are just too strong, we could use your help, Jay!" I cried as I tilted my head back to peer at the cowering male.

    "But I don't wanna get wet," he whined as he huddled closer to the door, "I-I only have one pair of underwear."

    "Jay, this is no time to be making jokes! The Bounty can only take so much," yelled Kai around the roaring winds. 

    "You think I'm trying to be funny?!" He exclaimed as he shook his head in disbelief.  "Okay, laugh all you want, but we'll see who laughs last when I have to go commando!" His voice had turned sassy and I imagined him snapping his finger and placing his hands on his hips. Wait...

    "I...Jay, who's laughing-?" I started, only to stop as sickening laughter reach my ears and thumps and crunches were heard over the wind. "The sea..is laughing at us?"

    "I have the feeling we're not going to get the joke, either..." Jay whined as he backed further into the doorframe. A smack was heard to our right, sickening and wet.

    "Hey, what's that?" Cole questioned as he let go of the line. Me and the other three ninja were pulled forward with yells as the wind jerked the line. 

    "Oh, shi-I'm coming!" Jay yelled as he raced forward to help us.

    "About time, Jay!" Cole growled, having not realized our current issue. Jay grabbed a hold of the line, yelling he's got it, Cole still not helping as he peered at the star-like creature on the deck. Jay and I ended up soaking wet as a large wave came crashing over the side of the boat, drenching us from head to toe. "It looks like some sort of a, hmm, fish?" He crossed the deck towards it and picked it up without any hesitation. It reminded me of a star-fish..but orange, yellow, and had razor-sharp teeth.

    "Wait! We must not let the Starteeth on board," Misako yelled as she ran towards the top of the stairs and looked down at us, "they devour ships and won't stop until we sink." Cole yelled in pain as the one he held flung its body up and bit into his hand. It chucked it off his hand yelling about the bite but done nothing as they began flopping their bodies towards the line we held. I leaped forward, letting the line go, and landed on top of one, of them. I tried to grab another but was too late as the pounced on the line and chewed until it broke. The ninja went flying back on the ground harshly as the Starteeth landed back on the ground. The one beneath me squirmed and shook beneath me, wanting to be freed and as I began to stand it flipped its body and leaped on me. It's teeth sunk into my gi and stomach harshly though before I could react it was flung off of me and back into the water. I bit my lip against the pain as Cole helped me stand with his none-bitten hand. We soon were all thrown onto a rail and things went to hell quickly...

    When all was said and done, a large hole was left in the front of the bounty. The water us up to the ninja's knees and my thighs. The ninja shared a bucket while I had my own as we made an attempt at ridding the room of all the water. I spaced out trying to get as water as possible out until I heard the metallic thump as a bucket hit the ground. Zane was beside me in seconds as he peered into the misty air.
    "Is it the Falcon?" Cole question Zane as I stood in utter confusion. I turned around a bit too quick, jostling the place on my stomach. Nya had wrapped it as the ninja made their way down here, telling me it wasn't too bad at all. I flinched and placed a hand on my stomach as I backed away from Zane. Lloyd was quickly at my side in worry. I waved the male off and looked at Zane.
    "Is he alright?" I asked Zane, still not understanding the situation. 
    "No, it's, uh...something else. Brace yourselves!" Zan exclaimed as he peered outside of the Bounty through the large, gaping hole. There was a loud crash and crunch as we landed on shore, throwing most of us all back. I landed on Lloyd, my back crashing against his chest as he let out a soft 'Oomph'.

    "Who would build a lighthouse way out here?" Lloyd asked as we walked along the beach. Nya and Misako had stayed back out the boat, keeping an eye on things and the ninja, Sensei, and I made our way onto the shore for the lighthouse. We eyed the long staircase and I could already feel myself losing breath. I wasn't even on them yet! At the top was a large, dark, stone tower oddly resembling a lighthouse.
    "It's not a lighthouse, it's a prison." Zane murmured and headed for the stairs. Oh great, we're going up them. With a huff, I took Lloyd's hand and marched forward with determination.
    "A prison?" I asked as we started up them. Partway up, Nya and Misako decided to join us, claiming they were bored. The climb was silent and halfway up them, I ended up on Lloyd's back breathless. I wasn't used to this, alright? (Bitch, you better be for the final battle.) Near the top, we hear a soft growl from the ocean, causing Jay to make some remark about needing to have packed an extra pair of underwear. 
    "Mysterious. We better keep going." Sensei said as everyone turned back towards the stairs. Once at the top, Lloyd let me down and we all stared up at the camera above the door.
    "Smile?" I asked the others with a soft smile. The door began clicking and soon was open and a man with grey hair and matching grey eyes opened it with a wide smile.
    "Zane? Is that really you?" He yelled in excitement as he stood in the door. "You found me!" He exclaimed as he crossed to the teen and swung his arms around his neck.
    "Err...Stranger danger. Run!" I said about to turn back towards the stair but was caught around the waist by Lloyd.
    "Uhh. Do you know him?" Lloyd asked as he held me close to his side.
    "Of course I know him, I built him for heaven's sake!" The man exclaimed as he peered around to me and Lloyd.
     "But my memory tells me that you have passed," Zane spoke quietly, coming out his shocked and quiet state.
     "Aahh, you have found four memory switch." The man said softly as he laid his hands on his stomach. Another growl was heard in the distance, catching each of our attentions. "Hurry, it can't know your here or else there will be dues to pay.
    "It?" Jay asks with a gulp.
    "I'll explain everything inside." He said with an urgent smile, ushering us in. "Including why it is that you thought I was dead. We all gave in and entered silently, all expecting answers... I mean, who would want to stay outside after hearing all that?

-

Thoughts? Feelings? Suggestions? Well, until next time!! :D

So, I was looking through the story and saw it hadn't published all the way? Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. My phone could be being weird. xD If it did, just ignore this and we can all yell at my dumb phone. xD