Chapter 9

I enter the car and we drive in silence.I'm basically fuming.I was worried sick about Skye and now she turns up wearing this guy's shirt,she should be wearing mine not his,he is a complete stranger and I didn't like his attitude.I just had a gut feeling that I shouldn't trust him nor should Skye.

"Brendon?"Skye asks softly."I didn't mean to upset you."She's apologizing, for what?

"You didn't upset me princess,it's just....I guess I'm just very ..protective over you."

"Ohh-"

"I-I guess you can see that.'I admit nervously.She smiles at me and nods.

"I'll drop you off at your house,I'm sure your sisters are worried sick about you."

"Oh yes please,though I'm already having a headache just imagining them scolding me.They should go back to their houses now, don't get me wrong I love their company but I miss my space."she laughs lightly and I chuckle.

We reach her home and I pull up.I open the door for her and walk her up to her doorstep.Her hand hadn't even touched the door when the door suddenly was swang open with full force.

"What took you so long to bring her  back Brendon?!"Her sister Lila exclaims.

"And you young lady,do you know how worried sick we were?"

"Lila can you at least just let us step into my house."Skye says tiredly.

We walk into her house and I have to say she has done a really great job in her house.Very sophisticated, elegant .The sofas that had actually made us cross paths were perfect in her living room area. Her house was big yet homely.I notice that the roses I keep sending her are put in nice vases around the house.

"Nola!Skye has come back."Lila shouts.

Nola comes down the stairs and she has a flip flop on her hand and she's mad.She comes up to Skye and starts to smack Skye all over like a mother does to her naughty daughter.I watch shocked, surprised and amused.

"What the hell Nola?!"Skye screeches.

"Do.You.Know.How.Worried. We.Were?"She asks while smacking Skye with every word she was saying.
I'm standing there as a bystander, nobody noticing me and I'm literally laughing at all this sisterly drama.

"You should just be grateful that I'm back home safely instead of whopping me in my house and worse of all your embarrassing me!"Skye scolded her sister while her face turns red.

Lila comes to me and hooks her arm around my shoulders.

"Let's leave those two to sort out their differences."she smiles at me while leading me to the living room area.

We start talking like we are old pals and she tells me about herself and family.Nothing much that I didn't already know.I knew that Nola was an attorney a good one at that and that she was engaged and that Lila was a musician and artist.She also told me some amusing things about Skye.I also told her about my family and myself.

"You better treat her right WHEN you'll start dating."She says wiggling her eyebrows.

I don't know why but my face started to heat up.How did this little talk turn into me blushing?

"Well-well."I stutter

"It's ok to like her just don't hurt and rush her."Lila smiles reassuringly.

We talked and laughed so much that I hadn't noticed it was late until Skye came into the kitchen wearing another t-shirt and she smelled like fresh blueberries.She might have taken a shower.