Afternoon ☆ Two

Afternoon

— Taste of Legends —

The howling of a magnificent, golden wolf atop a cliff scours the entire fields of Hyrule Kingdom. It's soft, almost silk-like fur glistens with gold, silver, and white as it howls yet again—as if foretelling a future. The rays of the yellow sun shining on it seemed as if it's communicating with the wolf before the creature vanishes into an array of mystical shards...

.. It's howl reverberating over the land until the sun reached its peak.

Somewhere in a rather remote village, the villagers are already up and about, most of them already attending to their needs. The chilly morning breeze flies over the entirety of the place, inviting the still sleepy townsfolk into the break of dawn.

Miraculously, it worked for everyone—

—But one.

And here enters our beloved Hero, who, after a hundred and four years... retained the usual sleeping habit he never bothered to remove.

Why should he?

He wouldn't be Link if he doesn't love sleep.

A Link needs his sleep—and this one, in particular, loved it so much he seconds to the Hero of the Sky. His gentle snore is almost cute if someone is to hear it with their ears. No one surely would've thought that the Hero who rescued them from the Great Calamity can be found sleeping peacefully and snoring away despite the horrors he faced.

But he can, and he does it every single night.

Now, if only he managed to be awake at the first cry of the cuckoo...

"!?"

Thump!

Link lets out a strangled cry of disbelief as his body lands on the wooden floorboards, having fallen off his bed from a dream. He groans and props himself up onto his elbow, his other hand covering his mouth as he yawns before using it to rub his still half-lidded eyes.

Not bothering to jump back to his fluffy bed, he rolls back to the floor on his back with his arms splayed.

He takes note of the sunlight seeping inside his room through the open window and the sound of cuckoos squealing as if they're an alarm—and that's when he realizes something.

"Ah!" he gasps and jumps up to his bare feet before whisking a black hair tie from his bedside table then rushing to go outside the bedroom.

Then he wouldn't be late for the day he promised not to be tardy...

Now, anyone who lives near his quaint house is in for an amusing start of the day. Sequencing sounds of clanging and thumping can be heard all over the vicinity of the Hero's abode, undoubtedly due to his rush.

If it were to be put comically, then his little home would be moving in shambles by now.

Finally, after an exact ten-minute mark, Link -quite literally- hops out of his house whilst adjusting the straps of his scabbard. He trips on his way to the stables at the back of his house, a red flush decorating his cheeks upon noticing that a few ladies have seen his embarrassing scene and are quietly giggling to themselves.

He huffs and fishes out a decently sized carrot from his pouch after adjusting the straps to his liking. Upon reaching his tamed horse, he feeds her with the vegetable and hoists himself up.

He does a swift double-check of his items and after deeming himself complete of the necessary equipment, he flicks the reigns and off the horse galloped out of the stable and eventually out of Kakariko.