Chapter 7 ~ England, 1730

The candles had been blown out by the wind coming from the broken window, my blood was pumping faster and harder with fear. I saw a rock laying on the carpeted floor with glass shards everywhere, the wind picked up and caused my housecoat to flutter. The guns were all aimed at me as well as my father's disapproving stare, my breath was caught in my throat and my body shook.

"Well... Well... Well... Isn't it the daughter of the thief." There were men everywhere but one stood out to me the most. He was taller than any man I had ever met before, with dishevelled, black hair that was tucked under a tricorn, a gold lined suit that told me he was making a large living. He turned around with a smirk as he took in my appearance, "Almost an exact replica of her mother-deares--"

"Do not... Pull the dead into this." I threatened reluctantly which caused a spark to light behind the man's eyes. "And the attitude by the likes of you, William." He cooed as he motioned to his men to grab me. I thrashed around as they dragged me by the elbows toward their master who had taken a seat in one of the cushioned chairs.

"Let go of me!!!" I screamed, I recognized the familiar scrape of my father's seat being pushed back and crashing onto the marble flooring under his desk. "Leave her be. She has nothing to do with this James!" My father's voice rose and I turned my head to see that men had grabbed him as well. "You should've given back what was mine!!" James yelled as he shot up and in one single swoop, knocked everything off of the table beside him,

"What is he talking about father!?" I called over to him and I heard a grunt come from one of the men, "An artifact I fou--"

"Stole..." James stared down my father as he continued on with the spark that lighted this mess, "A pair of gold wings from my families old tomb. They were from the very first fallen angel, Lucifer... You wouldn't care if I asked you where they are?" His breath smelt like tobacco and poorly made rum, I didn't dare meet his gaze because I knew that he would be looking down at me with an unnerving stare. I kept my mouth shut and as a result... Made him even angrier,

"TELL ME WHERE THEY ARE PHOENIX!!!! OR I SWEAR I WILL GUT YOUR LITTLE BROTHERS!!!!!!" I stopped moving entirely and the air suddenly was being sucked out of me, he was looking down at me like I was nothing as I looked up. I tried to find my voice somewhere in my throat but failed to.

He released an annoyed breath before turning to one of his men in rage, "Kill them. Kill all the young ones!!!" He commanded and I lurched forward onto my knees, beggingly clawing at his pants.

"I WILL TELL YOU!!! Please don't kill the children!!!" He watched as fear filled my gazed and his scowl merged into a grin.

"I... I know what you are talking about. W..we sold them du..during a private auction ri...right after my mother died." I stuttered and I saw my father give a disapproving stare which made me look down shamefully to the ground.

"Well---" his boots started to pace in front of my eyes which made me nervous as hell, "You see... This causes a problem for both of us. Your family does not possess the object that I need... And I cannot let your family call the authorities on this, little, incident." My mouth was running dry and my mind was flashing gruesome images in my mind.

Before I knew it, he was holding my head in his hand and pulling my chin upwards from behind. A flash of silver caught in my peripheral vision and all I could force was a chilling scream.