Chapter 3

Yuuko's POV

"NO! Yuuri wake up! Stay with me!" I cried desperately. Luckily, the girls were with Takeshi, they didn't need to see this. "Ma'am, I'll need you to step away please." a woman's voice said. Oh, thank God the paramedics arrived. They put him on a stretcher and hooked him up to an IV  before they put him in the ambulance. "Excuse me, ma'am, I know this is hard for you, but we need you to explain what happened." a police officer asked me. "Well, Yuuri came here to skate and ran into his friend, Yoshi Mayonaka. They skated here for about three hours before I heard them enter the locker room. I then heard them discussing something , then I heard shouting. I wanted to get involved, be they both sounded so angry. I only got concerned when I heard a loud bang and rushed inside to see what had happened. When I got in there, Yoshi was nowhere in sight and I saw Yuuri laying on the ground with his throat slit and his head bleeding heavily." I explained through tears. "Do you know what they were fighting about?" the officer asked. "No, not really, but I heard the name Makkachin, so I guessed they were fighting about that." "Who is Makkachin?" "Yuuri and his fiancé's dog. He died in a car accident about two weeks ago. Yuuri blames himself for Makka's death, even though we assure him he isn't to blame."

"Who is his fiancé?" "Victor Nikiforov." I reply. "Who are his parents? Where are they? What about siblings? Are you related to him?" the officer questioned. "No, my husband and I are childhood friends of his, but he's family to us. His mother is Hiroko Katsuki and his father is Toshiya Katsuki. He has one older sister, Mari Katsuki. As to where all of his family and friends are they are all planning a surprise party, and it is nearly Yuuri's twenty fifth birthday. We were suppose to be leaving for the party a few minutes ago, but Yuuri and Yoshi were still there, so I was going to tell them to leave soon." I explain. "Where are they planning the party?" The officer asked. " At their hot spring resort, Yu-topia Katsuki. Everyone is there, friends and family. Oh... how am I going to explain this to them?" I ask myself. "Would you like us to break the news to them?" the officer offers kindly. "No, thank you. I may be better if I call them and tell them now. I suppose you want to go there and question them all?" I asked. "Yes." "Very well, let me make a phone call to them to explain what happened, and we can meet them at the hospital. Takeshi, stay here with the girls, will you?" I asked my husband. "Already ahead of you." he said.

I dialed Victor's number, but he didn't answer. I tried Toyshiya, Yuri, Mari, Minako, Otabek, Christophe, Phichit, Emil, Sara, Michele, Seung-gil, Leo, Guang Hong, Kenjirou, heck, even J.J. When I finally and reluctantly tried Hiroko's number, she unfortunately picked it up. "Hello, Yuuko, what can I help you with?" she asked sweetly. She didn't deserve to hear this bad news. No parent ever will. I sighed. "Hey, Hiroko, there's a situation, and it involves Yuuri." I said shakily. "What do you mean dear? What happened?" she asked worriedly. I took a deep, shaky breath to prepare myself for what came next.  Here goes. "Hiroko..."