Chapter 10

Victor's POV

It's been two whole hours since Yuri, Minako and Hiroko took off to who knows where. At long last, they finally arrived back. "Where were you all?" I questioned. When none of them replied, I decided to drop the subject. I went up stairs in hopes of getting some much needed sleep. I plop down on the bed, exhausted. I must have dozed off to sleep, because when I woke up, it was 5:00  in the afternoon. I turn on my side, about to doze off again, when I heard voices. I quietly open my bedroom door and tip-toe down the stairs as to not disturb their conversation. Once I'm outside the room they're conversing in, I put my back to the wall and sit down, listening to their conversation. 

"-deserves to know!" I heard Yurio shout. "Yes, but do you think he'll be able to handle the news?" I heard Otabek said. "But he's his fiancé!" Yuri argued back. "Yeah, but-" "For Christ's sake, people! We can't keep it from him forever! Victor has a right to know!" Yuri sounded really irritated. What's going on now? "Yuri, I agree with you, but Otabek has a point. Victor may not be able to handle the stress of seeing him alive again." Phichit said. Wait. What? 

"So you're all going to keep him in the dark, huh? To not let him know that his fiancé and baby are both still alive?!" Yuri yelled at the top of his lungs. Hold on a second. Did I just hear him correctly? Yuuri, my sweet Yuuri, and my unborn baby are alive? "They're alive..." I whisper. After I said that, it went dead silent. I look up, and realized I've reveled myself from my hiding place. 

"Victor...." Yuri trailed off. "You weren't supposed to find out until later." I heard Yuuko say. "What kind of cruel joke do you all think you're all playing at, huh?" I say angrily. "Victor...calm down, let us explain." Yuri tried to reason with me. "No! I will not listen! You all drag me here to tell me Yuuri and my unborn child are both still alive? Ha! Do you all honestly think I'd fall for it?" I asked.  "Victor, it's true, I saw it, we all saw it with our own eyes." Hiroko pleaded. "How dare you! Yuuri was your own child! Your own flesh and blood? Do you think it's funny to to pull this sort if prank on me? Well, I certainly don't find it funny. If this is the only reason you brought me here, then I'm leaving." At this point, tears were streaming down my face, but I didn't care.

"Vict-" Yuri tried, but I cut him off. "Just stop, ok?" At that moment, I broke. I fell to the floor, sobbing. How could they be so cruel? Was Yuuri's death just a joke to them? What was wrong with them? I felt an arm wrap around me in a comforting hug. I looked up to see Yuri. "Victor, I promise you, this is no prank. Come on, we'll show you." He, Hiroko and Mari led me to the led me to the car, and we drove to the hospital.