Chapter 5

Victor's POV

After what felt like an eternity, we finally arrived at the hospital. We arrived in the waiting room after we were told Yuuri was still in surgery.  The officers asked us a few questions before returning to the station. I was numb. All I felt was numb. Then, a doctor approached us. "Family and friends of Yuuri Katsuki?" he asked. We all nodded. "My name is Dr. Shimizu. Well, the surgery was a success, but unfortunately, Mr. Katsuki slipped into a coma. Mrs. Nishigori, thank goodness you made it in time. Five minutes later, and both of them would be dead." he said with a smile on his face. Wait. Both of them? "What do you mean both of them?" Phichit ask. "Wait, none of you knew?" the Dr. Shimizu asked. We all just gave him look of confusion. "Well, it seems Yuuri is about three months pregnant with Mr. Nikiforov's child. Congratulations." he said.

 To say we were all shocked would be an understatement. "What do you mean he's pregnant? Last time I checked, Katsudon was a male." Yurio said. " Well you see, Yuuri Katsuki was born as a gender fluid." the Dr. Shimizu explained. "Ok, but that doesn't explain the pregnancy. People can gender fluid, but it isn't even possible for a man to get pregnant." Yuri snarked. " No, what I mean by gender fluid is that he has the rare ability to turn himself into a female and vice versa. Or he can choose to be a mix of both. Mr. Nikiforov, the last time you and Yuuri had 'fun', I presume he was male?" he asked. I nodded my head. "Well, it  seems while you were both having fun, it seems as though he chose to be a mix of both genders. That means he had both types of reproductive systems." the doctor said. Now that I think back, Yuuri had been acting a little weird. He would vomit every morning, have strange cravings, mood swings, was extremely tired all the time, etc.

"If he was pregnant, then how come we couldn't see it physically?" I asked. "Well, in male form, you won't see a baby bump, you can only see that when Yuuri is completely female, but later on, even in his male form, you will be able to feel the kicks." Dr. Shimizu explained. "What about the birthing process. Is he able to give birth in male form or...." Kenjirou trailed off. "No, you will know when the baby will come. It's a lot like how females give birth, except, if he is in male form when labor hits, he will automatically turn into a female, whether he wants to or not." Dr. Shimizu explained. "Now, enough chit-chat, I suppose you all want to see him now." We all nodded excitedly. "Victor, would you like to go first?" Hiroko asked. "No, I think I would like to go last, if that's ok with all of you." They all nodded understandingly. The first ones to go in  were the Katsukis, then the Nishigoris, then Minako, then Yurio and Otabek, then Phichit, Christophe, Kenjirou, Leo and Guang Hong. Next, was Sara, Michele, Emil and Seung-gil.  After five minutes each, they all came back. Most of everybody here was crying or had tears forming in their eyes when they came back. Was it really that bad?

 Now, it was my turn. I slow got up and followed Dr. Shimizu to Yuuri's room. When I got there, I nearly broke down sobbing. Yuuri was laying there with a cast around his neck, and a lot of bandages wrapped around his head. His eyes were closed and he was hooked up to all sorts of machines. They only noise in the room was the beeping of the heart monitor. "I'll leave you alone to process this if you like." Dr. Shimizu offered. I nodded. After he left, it was just me and Yuuri. I walked over to his bedside and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead. I sat down on his left with my head in my hands. When I looked up again, that's when I lost it. I let out the most heartbroken sobs I've ever heard. I just kept on sobbing and sobbing. Why? I asked myself.' Why did it have to be Yuuri? Why didn't he tell me he was gender fluid or pregnant? Did he think I would stop loving him if I found out?' All of those questions raced through my mind. I didn't look up until I felt a hand on my shoulder. When I looked up, it was Yurio. "C'mon, it's time to go." he said. I then pulled him into tight hug. To my surprise, he didn't push me away like I expected he would. Instead, he hugged me back, comforting me. After five minutes, we got up and headed out. Please Yuuri...wake up soon...