• H O M E •

* 1st person *

When I first met Sam we lived 220 miles from one another. With Sam's hectic schedule and the agonising distance we rarely got to see each other. Which when Sam asked me to move to shields with him I was over the moon but quite anxious at the same time. It was so far from my family and friends, where I had lived for my whole life at the time. But Sam promised me I could go back home when ever I needed to; for the first 3 months I visited my family every 3 weeks, which was great. Until Sam started to become distant, it was never his fault, he just was so engrossed in recording the new album, that I stopped going back home so much. Whenever I was homesick Sam would always say "this is your home now" he never meant it in a rude way. But I always took it to heart a little.

Today though was the worst I've felt so far, I haven't been home in 4 months and Sam is never here anymore, if he wasn't at shows, he was recording and if he weren't doing either of them he was out drinking. I've never been one of those girlfriends and told him he can't go out. However I would sometimes just like to have a chill movie night with my boyfriend. After I had finished getting ready for the day, I decided to text Sam.

Bold- Sam  italics- y/n

Hey babe, just wondering when are we free to go back home? Xxx

Around 2 minutes later my phone beeped distracting me from the tv.

You are at home x

I sighed, here we go again, he doesn't understand that I miss my hometown.

I mean when can I go back home Xx

I wait 5 minutes, then 10 minutes, then a hour. No reply. It was now two in the afternoon, I remember Sam should be finished at the studio. Distracting me from the train of thoughts, there was the sound of keys jingling from outside the door. Sam was home. I jumped up and ran to the to the front door. As he stepped in I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist, "god I've missed you." I say as I pecked his cheek, he just chuckled to himself. This is the first time I've properly seen Sam, don't get me wrong I've seen him but only in the early hours of the morning when he is absolutely mortal and stumbling into bed, after a harsh night out. Or when he's leaving to go to the studio. I jumped back down and he flicked off his shoes, I pulled his hand and guided him to the sofa and put on The Inbetweeners.

"Sam?" I questioned, he hummed in response, already engrossed in the programme. "When can I go home?" I inquired, "You are at home." He stated. I started to become agitated I pushed myself away from Sam and sat up. "No, I want to go home, I want to see my family and friends," I argued. "Your never here, we never talk and all you do is go out!" I added raising my voice. Sam and I never argue, yes we bicker over what to eat for dinner and who is emptying the dishwasher, but never argue. We've only ever had one argument, which consisted of a lot of screaming and crying, from both sides. Which was resolved by dean calling me, saying Sam was in pieces and was trying to find ways of making you forgive him. "This is your home, this is where you live, if your that unhappy you should never have moved here!" He quarrelled, I took a deep breath. "Your never here, when you asked me to move in you said you'll be at the studio twice a week and will go out after that, but now you go out everyday and I never see you. I haven't seen my parents in 4 months Sam. 4 months. I'm so isolated here I know nobody!" I shouted, tears pricking my eyes.

He stood up and walked to the kitchen, I followed closely behind. He learnt against the counter top of the island, and pulled at his hair. "Well atleast I'm actually making a living and not just sat around on my ass all day! I keep the roof over your head here, you don't help out in anyways. I give you money and where does all that go!" He screamed, his hands shaking in anger. "You know what, I think I'm gonna go by myself." I declared, as I left the kitchen and rushed up the stairs, to Sam and I's bedroom. I grabbed my suitcase out of the boiler cupboard and threw in 7 outfits. It's a good thing I always organise my wardrobe in outfits. I then pulled out 3 sets of pyjamas from my dresser. After 5 minutes of rushing round like a headless chicken I had all the stuff I would need, just as I was leaving the room Sams green Umbro sweatshirt was flung on the chair, I grabbed it and put it on. I always loved wearing his jumpers. Also I didn't know when I was next going to see Sam. Also I needed a sense of comfort.