• K I C K B O X I N G •

A/n: This was originally for my own kinda catalogue of stuff, so it's obviously not very universal. If you want to change things as your reading to fit your lifestyle, feel free, also this ones quite short. Sorry Xx

When y/n took Sam along to watch a training session of her's, he was immediately intrigued. The confidence, co-ordination and celerity it took baffled him. See y/n's instructor was an undefeated k1 and kickboxing world champion, who she had known for a large majority of her life. She always strived to get better and be on the same level as her coach. Y/n was currently training for her 2nd dan black belt, which consisted of extreme training for her 2 day grading. Sam watched the whole time, utterly amazed by the stamina and strength. How she was taking full blown cross punches and lead hooks, from a grown man, and not flinching. Throughout the session he was absolutely amazed with her talent, but when it came to spinning kicks he watched his girlfriend with such intensity. In adoration of all of her hard work and integrity to the sport.

Once y/n had finished she walked round the mats and collected all of her kit and stuffing it in her bag. She dried off her face with her towel. As she walked off the mats she thanked her coach and made her way over to Sam. "Well done baby you did so well." He complemented her, engulfing her in a hug. "Thank you baby," y/n said standing on her tip toes and pecking his lips. She slipped on her shoes and they left. On the drive back Sam was staring at y/n so intently. She chuckled, "why are you staring?" She asked, he looked away blushing. "Sorry, I'm just amazed by how you can do that. Also for fun, you get in fights for fun." He said utterly confused by y/n's choice of hobby. "It's fun, it's just adrenaline the whole time. Along with that it's well disciplined and contains loads of respect, so we don't just have scraps because we hate them, it's like playing a game of football, just more dangerous." She stated, pulling onto the drive.

*Time skip a few weeks*

Ever since Sam had come to watch y/n train he had come along to every session since. Well the ones he was available to come to. She once asked Sam if he would want to do a lesson one day. As her coach has been on at her about getting Sam to try. But he wouldn't. He was always making excuses like, "I'm not dressed appropriately." Or, "I'm tired and I don't want to pull anything." After about nine sessions Sam had declined too join in, y/n found the perfect time. Sam had come to watch her and he was dressed in some adidas jersey shorts and a white top. When they arrived at the gym, y/n walked in and got ready, getting out her water bottle, gloves, shin pads, head gear and gum shield. Whilst she was putting on her wraps she was talking to Sam, "so handsome, you're joining in today." She said, she wasn't going to change her mind about it. He was joining in end of. "Nah I'm gonna sit this out." He replied, but y/n had already finished putting on her hand wraps. "Come on," she insisted putting out her hand. He huffed and grabbed onto it walking onto the mats behind her.

For the warm up they started off with some jogging around to perimeter of the mats for 15 minutes, which when the coach would shout out a number they'd drop to the floor and do that many sit ups. Between Sam and y/n it was a competition constantly overtaking one another. After that they did 2 minutes of wall sits. Which Sam kept giving up on so they had to start over again and again which eventually amalgamated to 5 minutes. Then they stretched off after.

To start with they started teaching Sam the basics such as jab, cross, hook, lead knee and rear knee. He picked it up quite easily, yes he mixed them up sometimes but everyone does to begin with. He had a pretty good fighting stance aswell, no bad habits of untucked elbows or dropping his hands from his chin. They moved into some bag work which was the fun stuff. After Sam complained for a few minutes about how he was tired, y/n managed to get him to put on a pair of gloves. After doing a few combinations on the bags, and Sam was comfortable with what he was doing. They moved into pad work which was much more involved as your constantly working. Whether it was actually punching the pads or moving the pads, they had to be quick. Y/n held to pads first as the coach shouted out combinations for Sam to complete as she moved the pads. After the round they swapped, Sam was once again amazed by the strength behind each blow you were throwing at the pads. After flipping over a few times they had another five minute break to grab a drink.

"Your doing well." Y/n reassured Sam as he downed a bottle of water. "Thanks, but your billions of times better," he chuckled. "It's really hot in here." He added wiping the sweat which had caused his fringe to become soaking. At this point y/n was in a sports bra and her fitness leggings, and Sam still had his top on. "Take your shirt off then," she said. He gave her a look, a look she couldn't read, "no there's people around." He replied, she just rolled her eyes. "What like me, the coach and the receptionist, he won't care, the receptionist is engaged in work and I certainly don't." She said winking at the end. He smirked and finally pulled off his shirt which had been clinging to his body. Y/n wolf whistled as she ran back onto the mats to continue with the class. After explaining what shadow boxing was to Sam, which is just when you pretend to sparr with an opponent, the pair cracked on. Sam kept stopping and laughing finding it hard to imagine another person in-front of him. However y/n was in a zone, not stopping for 6 and a half minutes when she accidentally backed into a punch bag. The whole time he stopped he was watching her in awe. "Right come back in," the couch shouted. There was only the two of you but he was always loud. To finish of the two of them did 100 consecutive punches, 100 consecutive hooks and a 100 consecutive knees on the bags. Sam started out fast which caused his arms to be dead around 40 punches in, but y/n finished in 5 minutes and stood around chanting on Sam till he finished.

After Sam and y/n thanked the coach and collected there stuff they left. "So how do you feel? Was it any fun?" Y/n interrogated her boyfriend, who was sat in the passenger seat of the car, still shirtless and blasting the air con. "Yeah it was really good, my fucking arms are non existent now though, is this how you feel all the time?" He replied to her string of questions. She just nodded.

Once they arrived back home, they got in the house and Sam walked up the stairs. "I'm grabbing a shower, you care to join?" He said cocking his eyebrow. Y/n looked at him, "pleaseeeee," he pleaded. "No Sammy I have stuff to do," he just walked up the rest of the stairs huffing as he went. Around 20 minutes later Sam came down stairs in a pair of Newcastle united football shorts and his hair soaking wet still. During this time y/n had started the dinner which was salmon with thyme infused baby potatoes and romain heart lettuces and calprese salad. Whilst she still had time she ran up the stairs and took a shower, once she got out she towel dried her hair and put on her lounge clothes.

The whole duration of dinner Sam was moaning and just being a pain, "y/n my shoulders hurt." "My calf's hurt" "my whole body aches" y/n was used to this so she had very little sympathy for him, as she puts up with it all the time. That was nothing compared to what she does when she goes fight camp. Once they had cleared up the dishes they laid on the sofa and watched peaky blinders, Sam had his head in y/n's lap as her hand was stroking his hair. "Thank you for dragging me along today." He said, "I really enjoyed it." Y/n smiled in contentment, "so will you do it again?" She questioned. He hummed in response. She smiled, finally she got him to join in. And he actually enjoyed it.

Word count: 1510