• F R I D A Y F I G H T I N G •

One of Sams rituals was that whenever he had a Friday night free and obviously a Saturday to recover, he would go out and get absolutely slaughtered. A majority of the time, he didn't even make it home and ended up kipping on a mates sofa. Nevertheless on the days he did manage to make it home it would normally be more towards the time of sunrise; When many people are waking and getting ready for their day. However, one evening Sam had come walking through the door at 11 pm, only have been out since 9 it was early. Y/n was utterly confused, she knew Sam would never have been back that soon unless there was a problem. But once she saw the state of him everything fell into place. He was stood in the kitchen, knecking down a glass of water, his lip all bust, his eye black and swollen and cheekbones red raw. There was no reaction from y/n but Sam just gave a sad/guilty smile.

"Sam, what's happened?" Y/n questioned her hurt and vulnerable boyfriend. He was now leant on the island, head in his hands feeling sorry for himself. "What do you think, Sherlock fucking Holmes," Sam replied rudely. Obviously still partly agitated and shaken from his brawl. He was always quite calm and collected so something must've tremendously annoyed him to get into a fight. Or he got himself in someone's bad books. "Come on." Y/n said as Sam started to pull at his hair stressed and upset. The two of them walked up the stairs and into the bathroom. Sam sat down on the edge of the bath and unbuttoned the buttons on his polo, y/n ran some hot water in the sink and got out a fresh flannel. She rung it out and wiped it over his cheekbone, and his lip. Sam winced as she ran the pad of her thumb under his eye, "stay here darling." She said to him as she pottered off down the stairs.

Y/n returned and handed Sam an ice pack to calm down the bruising. He held it against his eye and stood up, walking to the bedroom. Throwing himself backwards into the bed. "So are we going to talk about what happened or act like everyone's happy?" Y/n questioned, wanting answers from her boyfriend as to why his face looked like a Dalmatian. He slowly removed the cold pack, then up to the headboard. He sat a fiddled with the pack, y/n watched him. She was trying to read him but she couldn't. She could always read Sam, she knew him like the back of her hand. However she really couldn't pinpoint what had happened. "He just changed, one minute we were talking and the next he's shoving me into the wall punching me in the stomach." He said, feeling portrayed by the person he trusted and called his friend.

Sam suffered majorly with trust issues he was always adamant you were going to pack your bags and leave if he ever opened up to you. So he never spoke his mind to you, only ever Drew, Dean, Joe and a small amount of others. "I trusted him, I told him everything, then he just turns on me. For no fucking reason!" He raged becoming indignant with himself. Y/n gingerly walked over and took the ice pack out his hands and placed it on the bedside table. She sat down in front of him, crossing her legs. "Hey, calm down, it's okay, your okay." She reassured, pulling him into a hug. But as she did he flinched, y/n furrowed her brows. She slowly pulled away, he gave her another sad smile, his eye starting to swell more.

"Go get changed and we will watch a film," he nodded and got up. He grabbed some joggers out of his draw and made his was into the bathroom. About three minutes later y/n heard her name being called, she slowly pushed open the door. There stood Sam staring at himself in the mirror his abdomen exposed, littered in bruises. "Aw baby," she said as she watched from the side as he ran his hand over ever bruise. Baulking every now and then. "I didn't even try to fight back," he added. "I fucking embarrassed myself," he huffed grabbing his polo and pulling it back over his head. He stormed off out of the bathroom and down the stairs and opened the back door. Y/n didn't bother to run off after him, she knew he needed some time to cool off. He was just stressed, angry and embarrassed. He never liked being vulnerable and the fact she had babied him caused him to become agitated he should be looking after her. Not the other way.

Sam didn't sleep at all the night. When he finally came back in, he sat at his desk just writing. Letting go of all his emotions. Then disappearing early in the morning to the studio.

*two weeks later*

The swelling and bruising from Sams scuffle had finally started to calm down, but he still hadn't told y/n anything. Not even who it was with. However she didn't want to pressure him, so she let him take his time.

"Y/n!" Sam shouted, running through the house and into the living room. "Yes darling." Y/n replied, wanting to know what her boyfriend was so ecstatic. "Quick listen to this, it's not finished yet, just listen. Listen." He said as he burst into the bedroom, shoving the phone in her face. "Okay Sam just calm down." She said as she took his phone and put in the earphone and pressed play on the voice memos.

Sam watched her face, anticipated as to what she would think. His leg bouncing up and down as he chewed the nail of his thumb. Y/n looked up at her anxious half. Smiling. A wave of relief and joy crashed over Sam, he liked the song but obviously he needed the approval, and just the look on her face gave all the approval he needed. "It's phenomenal." Y/n said as she leant forward and wrapped her arms around the neck of her boyfriend. "Care to tell me what it's about?" She questioned, although she knew from the lyrics. "Nah I'm alright," she shook her head, and pulled back. "Come on, I'm taking you for dinner, it's a treat on me." Y/n could never express how proud she was, but that night she did everything that was humanly possible to show him.

Word count: 1111 words

—————

Sorry it took so long to update, I've been really knocked back by school starting again. But I'm gonna try and update at least once a week, probably at the weekend Xx