Chapter 10 (24th of Iecanaon in the year 6199)

And Diur took to his task of maintaining balance within the cosmos

And Diur took to his task of maintaining balance within the cosmos. After Earoni formed the world of Geiha for her children to live upon, Diur opened his claw and produced the sun and set into motion the path of Geiha about it.

Book of the Gods 1:10

"Are you sure she's out there?" Gregory knelt behind a large fallen oak along with Reane

"Are you sure she's out there?" Gregory knelt behind a large fallen oak along with Reane. They'd spent the day trekking all over the northernmost and uninhabited island of Fimmirra and its various terrains. He was just glad to be somewhere other than the scorching sun and the hot wasteland to the south. Even if the humidity of the forest wasn't much better.

"She's out there." Reane looked over her shoulder as she whispered. "If there's one thing Sheala's good at, it's stalking." Checking the blunt-tipped bolt in her crossbow, she confirmed the paint on it was still wet.

"So where is she? We haven't seen a sign of her since we took out Brentai hours ago." A flock of birds darted out of the trees high above, causing Gregory to tense and lock onto them until he realized they weren't a threat.

"When Anthony gets back, I'm hoping he'll have an answer to that question. He claims to be good at tracking. And I guess we'll find out if it's true." She cocked the string of her weapon after resetting it.

Gregory relaxed as the previous startle wore off and he didn't hear any further unusual sounds. "I must admit, this really isn't my element."

"Now you realize how Sheala feels when she's sparing with you."

The brush to Gregory's left rustled, and he jumped again. Anthony emerged and plopped himself down next to Reane, leaving Gregory disgusted with himself for being so on edge.

Anthony explained what he found. "There's a set of tracks to the west. They're fresh but also too big to belong to Sheala."

"Her uncle?"

"That'd be my guess." Now it was Anthony who checked his weapon. "They've obviously split up. I made it all the way to the base of the volcano and didn't catch a sign of Sheala."