ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵒⁿᵉ

"KK! How good this sounds! Right lads? And what do you think Killer Katarina?" The blonde boy said pushing her forward. She pushed him back either but kept her mouth shut not finding the right words to put in the disgust she felt towards Liam. "Maybe your parents brought you here because of the way you look! Absolutely disgusting. Abeast" At that sentence it was over. She had enough from him pushing her around.

"Maybe that's the reason you're here Liam, her parents died other than yours that were cowards just like you are" Someone spoke up before the little girl could speak up for herself. Her eyes trailed to her friend a tiny smirk playing on her lips. He committed social suicide every single time he spoke up for her but he didn't cared. She was his only true friend and both wanted it to stay that way. They both tried to avoid to break their vow. The vow that they would be friends forever. Until their days ended.

Before Katarina could do something her best friend already launched towards the boy and his fellas. He punched him in the face; not caring about the consequences. She went for his fellas as well. She was may as well two years younger than they were but she was more mature. That was another thing that Henry loved about her. She wasn't childish or idiotic or noisy. She was just Kat; his Kat.

The memory burned inside her mind as she sat on a bench in the tiny garden as she tried to focus on the sound of birds. Little children's laughter interrupted her thoughts over and over. She looked almost like an woman with her arms crossed, her legs folded and her face dark with anger. Her eyes were so dark that the nun that approached her expected the leaf she was staring to go up in flames.

"Katarina the Burgess are here?" Sister Kathleen said carefully as she stepped next to the girl. Many of the children in their house were cruel or naughty but not Kat as long as she had Henry.

"Who?" She just replied as her eyes flickered to the sister in boredom breaking away from the small green that surrounded her.

"The family that was interested in you" The woman said forcing a smile as Kat stud up. Kat hid her excitement and nervousness as she walked behind the woman in her grey dress that was way to thigh on her chest already.

She stood in a room acting shy because she didn't wanted to scare people other than with her appearance. If she would keep up her bored face she would never find a home. And that was something she wanted so dearly. She was an orphan since she was five after she found her mother hanging from the ceiling after her father was sentenced to death. But she tried to burry all the memories of these days. It was nice and sweet as she was an babe but it all started to go down when she was three. She would never waste her time thinking about her parents.

"You look nice" Sister Kathleen commented as two people stepped into the room. A woman with warm brown hair and a blonde man in a obviously expensive suit that looked a little outworn. His wife wore a very formal dress as well. Their aura was warm and made Katarina feel comfortable immediately.

Please let it be them, please

She thought as she looked up at them with big eyes not knowing what else to do than try to look innocent.

"What's your name pretty girl?" The woman spoke up carefully as she stepped closer to Katarina.

"Katarina, Misses Burgess" She mumbled happily. Usually people first spoked if they looked into her eyes seeing that one was brown and the other one was blue. That was actually the result of a copper being absolutely rude to her and even hitting her when she was little. A little scar under the blue one also pointed that out.

"Do you have any hobbies?" She asked as her man stayed back admiring the little brown haired.

"She used to like drawing" Sister Kathleen commented even though no one cared.

"And I like horses" Katarina said. The woman in front of her nodded before smiling. She held her hand out for Kat to take. The inside of the girl felt numb as she did so. The excitement was overwhelming.

"Let's go home then" Kat nodded as she recovered from her stiffness. Her smile could've ended any and every war. The brown haired woman walked with her over the corridors towards her already packed bag. Both smiled unbelievably. But the man stayed behind with sister Kathleen.

"I know you already signed all the papers but I have to alert you that the sweet girl was born with the name Kassie Kaine as you saw on the paper may as well. She's the child of Jason Kaine. She saw Miranda Kaine's dead body as she was an child" She said clearly scared.

"Sister Missy already told us that story but Katarina seems to be a nice girl. Absolutely pure and christian" The man said before leaving. Deep down he was concerned either.

"They call you Katarina right?" The woman asked smiling at the girl as they waited on the exit of the building. "But you were born with the name Kassie right?" The girl just nodded shyly. No had called her Kassie or Kassandra in a long time and that made memories flicker up behind her eyes. Like the day her mother started yelling at her dad for reasons she couldn't understand back then. Now she knew that her mother found out that he had killed several people in a psychopathic way and that for sure made her angry. And she remembered her dads broken voice when he called out for her as his eyes found her on the stairs as she hid behind the railing. "Then we'll call you Kassie from now on. Don't be afraid" The woman smiled warmly and the girl who's name was now Kassie replied it happily. She was excited for her very own new life and she wouldn't let her past screw it up.