ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁿⁱⁿᵉ

1925
London

Kassie stared bored to the ceiling as the man kept trusting into her. Her hands wrapped around the cold rods of the horse stall. The man stopped moving making the fake smile come back to her lips. She kissed him softly before straightening her dress. Her pink lips made the man smile as well.

"I really do love you"He said as he buttoned his pants up. Her eyes found his sharp jaw and his dark hair. He wasn't ugly for sure but he was terrible at fucking. But through it all Kassie intended to marry him because of his wealth. He bought horses from her worth as much as the house she used to live in.

"I love you to" She lied kissing him sweetly again. He wasn't ugly and he wasn't an psycho or had an firm character so he was perfect. "But I have to get ready for the wedding" Her this arms wrapped around his neck." I would rather stay with you. You know I'm not even that close to Grace"And there was another lie. She couldn't wait to get away from the twat and dress up pretty.

"Me too. But somethings we have to do" He said pushing her away making her turn towards the door. He slapped her butt as she left the stall. "See you love" She waved him a kiss as she turned to leave the dark auction stable. As the sun broke through the clouds to kiss her fair skin she signed. Her thin fingers found a cigarette in the pockets of her coat. The job exhausted her but she couldn't help herself. She was buyable and she could not resist. Her whole life she had nothing and now she could've everything. Her feet carried her back to her large flat in a big, glamorous house. She just wanted to wash herself and put on pretty things.

And she did. The evening was approaching and she looked like a completely different person. In a pretty blue dress with her hair sparking like the stars. She took her own car to the huge house in the country. Her mind ran circles as she imagined owning a house like this. The dark sky was nothing compared to the lights of the mansion. How many rooms it has to have ? She left her car just to flip her hair dramatically. Her ears took in the noise of people talking and laughing. Her heels made her visible to all of the people that were smoking outside. And as she expected someone whistled as she walked by.

"Ignore him" A guy said suddenly appearing in front of her. He came literally out of the floor or was waiting right there in the large entrance.

"Don't play the knight in shining armor" The guy that whistled said as he peeked up behind Kassie who slowly was getting scared. His northern accent made it hard to understand it for her. "Your eyes are really pretty" The dude added looking down at her.

"I don't take compliments from people with mustaches, sorry" She snapped making the other one giggle.

"But he is right though" He said. Kassie smirked at him as she realized that he wasn't ugly.

"I'm Kassie, knight in shining armor" She had a awry smile on her lips.

"His name is John" The mustache man answered for the other one.

"It was a pleasure to met you John and you, mustache man" She smirked and bowed a little as she turned to go inside already.

"I get hundred schilling if I screw her tonight" John said to his brother as his eyes kept following her small frame until it disappeared.

"I get two hundred if I screw her" His brother said as he took another drag from his cigarette as their cousin appeared in the door frame to smoke either.

"No one is going to screw you Arthur expect for Linda" The boy snickered to himself as he had no idea who they were talking about.

Kassie had given her coat and hat to a waiter in the hall in the meantime to go look for her parents that were straying somewhere in the house. Her dress and body draw attention to her as her eyes met the ones of Matthew Burgess.

"You look pretty" He said as he hugged her for short. She really had grew close to him especially when they started their business.

"Thank you, I wish you were the first to say that tonight" She said taking his whiskey and downing it.

"Everything was good with Montgomery?" Her mum asked as she appeared next to the man.

"Ya he was very kind again" She said rolling her eyes.

"You don't have to do that you know" Kiara said touching her forearm slightly looking her in the eye.

"Where's Grace?" Kassie changed the topic and smiled again.

"Who is John going to screw?" The brown haired repeated as he hugged his coat tighter as the cold breeze from the sea creeped up his legs.

"That lass with the two colored eyes" And the youngest of the three froze as he choked the smoke of his cigarette. The other one realized that he was staring into empty space while his cigarette burned down in his hand.

"Michael?" John asked after a long time snatching his cigarette and putting it out as it had burned down.

"Do you know her name?" He snapped suddenly, louder and firmer than expected.

"She said it was Kassie" Michael let his hand run over his face not knowing what to think about it.

"It's not her, it's not fucking her" He mumbled to himself as he went back inside taking off the expensive coat.

"What the fuck?" John yelled chuckling as they both watched him disappear.

Kassie smiled as bright as the sun as she saw Grace in her violet dress as she talked to another woman.

"Grace" Kassie breathed as she looked at her in amazement.

"Oh Kassie how nice that you made it eventually!" She said in her accent making the smile of the brown haired even brighter. They hugged as if there was no tomorrow.

"Where's the lucky man? I wanna see the infamous Tommy" Kassie said as she broke away from their hug. The blonde called out for her husband even though her eyes told that she did not want him to met Kassie.