Chapter 4 - Results of the post-mortem proceed the town hall meeting

Spivey Point - Chapter 4 - Results of the post-mortem proceed the town hall meeting

It was just after 8.45 pm when Maggie decided to wrap things up at the lighthouse,Mylène was still feeling worse for wear given her terrifying ordeal.

John meanwhile was intrigued by her reappearance and was keen to ask her a few searching questions.

The group left the lighthouse just before 9pm and made their way through several feet of snow to the town meeting hall.

The night was still young and it was anticipated that the meeting which had been arranged would be well attended.

The sheriff arrived early and was about to call order to the room when suddenly all of the lights inexplicably went out.

He quickly made his way to the generator room and managed to start it up without any issues.

There were ample supplies of candies if needed but these were rarely used unless prayers were being said.

John and Maggie arrived at just after 9pm to take their seats at the back of the hall,Maggie had left her seance equipment back at the lighthouse and would inspect the footage or any evidence it had gathered later

The sheriff called order and addressed the assembled people in the hall.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen,it's wonderful to see so many familiar faces and a few new ones at this rather unpleasant time for our community.I will begin by revealing the results of the post-mortem,as you might be aware we lost two members of our community today",he said.

The sheriff was interrupted briefly by a noisy man who was demanding answers and questioned whether the culprit had been apprehended.

"Please I was about to say that the two women who were found butchered to death have been named and their next of kin have been informed,I would request that you show some respect to the families at this trying time",he said.

A hush followed his poignant words of advice as he continued to address the locals before requesting any information that might lead to the arrest of the suspect who had committed these heinous crimes.

Mylène was sitting immediately behind John as he turned round to see who was tapping his feet,she smiled at him like a cat that had just had it's cream.

Then suddenly out of nowhere there was a loud bang at the rear of the hall and it was evident that someone or something had just entered.

Loud footsteps were followed by the sound of clapping and an evil laugh,as this person made his way to where the sheriff was standing.

"Bravo Sheriff you seem to being doing a fine job of addressing these good folk of Spivey Point.
I'll just take my seat and let you continue with your admirable speech,please do go on and don't let me interrupt you further",he said.

John must have looked at Maggie with absolute horror upon his face as she turned to offer him a gulp of water from her flask.

"What's wrong John?,you don't look well maybe you should get some air",she said in her concerned tone.

He decided to take her advice and beckoned her to follow him outside,she followed him to the door.

"It's him the man who has been haunting me,the one who stood at my door and whom I saw in the street".,he said.

Maggie wasn't quite aware of the significance to what John was saying but she could see that he had been deeply affected by the presence of this person or entity.

"I believe he is responsible for the murder of those two young women and hasn't finished with this community just yet,I think we should go back to the lighthouse and fetch your equipment",John said.