Chapter 1

Author Note: All product placements or brand names are used without compensation or endorsement. Relationship to existing or actual future products or services is coincidental or used fictitiously.

Adam grinned, as Jess rolled in the cart of the latest Nikon camera gear for the Alpha—and her adoptive father. She smiled and shook her head, "I guess the Winter Solstice came early for you!" she commented. Werewolves didn't generally celebrate Christian holidays, but they did exchange gifts about that time, on the winter solstice.

While Jess enjoyed the perks of having access to the gear, Adam really got into getting the new stuff. This cart load was worth about a 100k from her estimate, but she might be off — or even way off, how the Were-versions seemed to be much more expensive.

Adam nodded, "I like the fact they are willing to go with us Were and make a larger camera for or Hybrid form." They had also made a 'Were-resistant' professional camera that was the same size as the regular camera, for their human form. When he had approached them, they had quoted him a certain number of pre-ordered cameras before they would consider it and a higher number and they would start building them. He had enough packs and individuals for both within a week that he had forwarded the information to them, including two thirds that were willing to pre-order and pre-pay for the gear, including them.

Adam lifted out the boxes and laid them out on the long table in the boardroom, giggling like a young girl. There was several cameras and several lenses, a flash—that they had six of, and a bunch of other accessories that was in this order from Nikon. His favourite tripod company, Really Right Stuff, had been able to provide mounting L-Brackets for all the cameras, and mounting plates for the lenses. The tripods had to be redesigned, so hadn't been out with the first batch of Were gear, but with this being the second generation, they had launched a second generation of them too, and that order was also laid out on the one side of the table. A few third-party accessories were also there, but he tried to stay with the brand-name, if it was available. In the case of GPS, the third-party had much more capability than the Nikon one.

The pack's freelance media camera operator smiled as he came in. "Alpha, got the stash already, I see." They had scheduled this day for doing unpacking videos, and then first look at the gear. He started setting up the recording gear, to record it. He had the fun of editing and preparing the video for upload to the video systems for others to see. Their official channel for these got many views, not just from Weres, but seemed many became linked to from the official sites too!

Adam laughed, "This is the fun day!"

His mate and co-alpha, Brook, was watching from the corner. Their pack was running smoothly and wasn't needing them for anything. "Boys and their toys," She sighed, shaking her head, amused. While she had liked the capability on the first generation, it still was way more camera than she needed.

While he got ready, several others in the pack that were into photography came in and sat around the edge.

*****

"Hi Everyone. This is Alpha Adam of Wild Valley Pack, for another set of Nikon's Were Camera gear that is hitting store shelves soon." Her started, standing behind the table with all the boxes of gear in front of him, as they set up the promotional video that was going out right away. "As usual, we will be posting the videos as we get them edited. As you can see there is quite a few items that have just arrived to us. I hope you have fun joining us in opening up all of these boxes, and we plan on taking them out on a trial run!"

"As it has been widely announced, these cameras feature a beefier and stronger 'W' mount system that works with both the mirrorless and mirrored bodies, and we also will be trialling the adapters to both the Z and F mount lenses." The first-generation mount had failed spectacularly, with several snapping under normal use, since they tried to just use the human-standard Z mount with the much heavier cameras and lenses. Those that had bought them, had got offers of replacements that would be arriving in a couple weeks, of the new gear to replace them, with being returned the old ones. "The cameras, lenses, flash, and authorized accessories are rated as waterproof, with an Ingress Protection rating of I-P-six-six. This means that if it is raining, the camera and lenses do not need to have any rain gear, as even a hurricane would not enter. It is also rated against all dust. Although, open connector covers or changing lenses while they were wet or in the bad weather might introduce water into the camera and or lens and would not be covered."