Chapter 4

Adam had grumbled as he was getting messages from those that watched his videos when he checked in the evening, asking for the promised ones on trying out the gear. He had been able to get the one out for the video describing the use of the largest lens and the DSLR camera he used, but had not been able to show the photos, as it was a security issue. He had mentioned he was dealing with a rogue, and that he would get them done when this issue was finished.

Many were showing impatience for him to get them out. Most of the messages he just deleted. The few that he knew were other Alphas or the equivalent of their groups, he contacted them through the secure WereNet, and provided more details. Those leaders commiserated with him on the issue of a human demanding a Pack Trial, but there was no way that they could use the normal punishment for one clearly shown as Rogue like him: death.

Thoughts where shared and were discussed. Ideas from having him work at the worst jobs like an Omega for life was one that had been pushed out. Adam had considered it, but most of those jobs would either have him working in sensitive area, like the wastewater treatment, that they really had no way of functioning without, or access to the packhouse, if doing general cleaning.

Heading to the conference room, Adam held the door open for the Elders, showing the respect for them. Sitting down at the head of the table, beside his mate, Brook, he gave her a kiss before nodding at the pack's Elders.

"Our normal punishment for a Rogue that has done this is death. I do not think this is usable in this case, as it will turn our Rogue into a Martyr." Adam stated, without any preamble. They all knew why they were there. "We are going to brainstorm any and all other punishments that we can do, while we have dinner." He smiled as Jess led a procession of Thetas in with trays of food for them. "After dinner, we will work to decide which punishments are not realistic and then work out which we will do."

Adam thanked the Thetas that passed out the food, as they started to think of ideas of what they could do. Some were way out there; including treating him as a pet, with a collar and leash, and just have him disappear.

"Unfortunately, we can't just make him disappear." Adam said with a sigh. "It is the same as his death; it would make a Martyr of him."

One of the Thetas smiled, "How about..." they started, when they turned to them, they went quiet.

Brook smiled, "Continue, please." She coaxed, "Your thoughts may be good. We are trying to find a punishment that would fit his crime." The elders nodded. The pack's Seconds, Zane and Katya, were busy with the day-to-day work of the pack, but since they had been doing it for years, they had it down well. The work was spit between them and the Next-Alphas, Brook and Adam's pup, Tala, and her mate Tommy. Tala and Tommy were currently visitingother packs, otherwise they would have been there to help find the punishment.

That pulled the other Thetas in too; well, those who were willing to speak before the leaders. Adam smiled; it was something he had been working on with his mate since they made the pack. The thetas might not be comfortable with speaking, but the leadership was expected to listen to them when they did, just as they did with those the same rank. It didn't mean there wasn't respect for differences, but sometimes those outside the role could see a better way.

Adam thanked them, as they cleaned out the food when they were done and left them with some drinks. Settling down, he turned on the big screens, and the document he had been working on, getting the list of punishments that had been thought up.

"First on the list is death. We have ruled it out." He said, changing the font to have a strikethrough, "Same with letting him go with a warning." He said. Working through the list, their usual punishments of being isolated in the packhouse and duties doing the bathroom there was not usable. None wanted him to be located in the packhouse or in the territory, as that would let him do what he wanted.