Sam Willson

I wake up slowly and peacefully this time and I notice that some how I've managed to position myself half on the couch half not. My lower half it hanging down but one of my legs are being held in a tight grip by Clint, and my upper half is fully on top of Thor and my hands are holding onto Peter's and Natasha's.

I absolutely have no idea how this happened but I'm surprisingly comfortable. I snuggle in more and close my eyes planing on getting some more sleep but I can feel eyes on me so I look around for the source and see that Steve is already awake and dressed in gym shorts and a tight tee-shirt.

"What are you doing?" I whisper when my brown eyes make contact with his blue ones.

"I'm going on a run."

"I'll come with you if you help me up." I say thinking of how I should get some sort of exercise since I'm not going to get the chance to swim today. Not that I'm completely sure about getting back in the water yet.

Steve smiles and begins to help me slowly detach myself from my sleeping mates. When I'm finally standing the only thing left to do so I can be free is to somehow get Clint to let go of my leg without waking him.

I gently grab his hands and begin to slowly loosen his grip and finally I'm free.

"Okay I'm going to go need to find some clothes do you think Natasha would mind me boring some?"

"No come on I'll show you her room." Steve says still whispering then he grabs my hand and leads me to Natasha's room, "I'll wait out here for you."

I silently go into her room and don't look at anything not wanting to invade her privacy and just focus on finding some workout clothes. I end up wearing a tank top and some Nike shorts , and then I leave the room to meet up with Steve again.

"Ready?" Steve asks smiling at me.

"Yeah how far are we running?"

"I usually run around Tidal Basin path a couple of times."

"Sounds good." I say as we get into the car and drive out to the path we're running. I'm not sure how many miles the trail is but I'm sure I can handle it. I've ran a lot in practice; it's not all swimming sadly.

When we get started I can tell he's holding back to keep pace with me which is fine by me I don't enjoy running alone so I just smile while looking at him from the corner of my eye. "So did you like the movie marathon last night?" I ask a couple minutes into the run because I'm starting to get bored by the silence.

"Yeah I've never seen any of those movies before they were... interesting."

"Yup Disney can definitely mix things up for someone. Especially if you're a super soldier who was born in the 1900's. Which movie was your favorite."

"I liked Mulan" I let out a quick chuckle at that of course he likes Mulan, "I know I know not very surprising, but when I was trying to get accepted into anything- navy, army, and even marine corps- no one would enlist me because I was so small and weak. I don't know when Mulan risked everything to fight for her family against the law and her family who where telling her not to I just understood that."

"I don't think you could have ever been weak.... maybe small though." I say the last half teasingly and speed up my pace.

"Oh yeah?" He yells and begins to chace after me still not using his full speed, but he catches up to me nonetheless and when he does he wraps his arms around me and pulls me down into the grass. "At least I was fast enough to catch you, angel."

I turn to look at him laughing hard and out of breath. I even get ready to say something sarcastic back but when I see the look in his eyes my laughter dies down, and I just stare at him as he stares at me.

"You're beautiful, angel, ...Definitely worth the wait." He said gently while grabbing my hand and squeezing. I have no words to respond to him. No one has ever said that I was beautiful. I never even dreamed that anyone would and yet here I am in a park with captain freakin America and he's calling me beautiful.

I never never thought this would happen. I had always thought my mates wouldn't want me when they found out about me having 7 different marks, but here I am being excepted and well liked ( I don't think we're at the love part of it all yet.)

They still don't know everything about me yet and I'm terrified that when they do find out they won't see me the same way- that they would give me those pitying looks that I've always dreaded. Hopefully they won't ever find out but I know that's not possible they're going to find out one day and I'm never going to fully be prepared for that day.

"No ones ever said anything like that to me before." I whisper after some time of silence.

"Well you better get used to it, angel." We stare at each other some more and slowly we begin to lean in. Our faces get so close to each other I can feel his breath on my face but before we could get any closer a voice interrupts us.

"Hey, no PDA." A dark skinned man said coming to a stop on the path where we had stoped. We weren't blocking it or anything so he could have ran right past but no he had to interrupt our moment.

"Oh hey Sam."

"Rogers getting another late start I see."

"What can I say I got distracted." Steve said smiling cutely at me. "I listened to Marvin Gaye."

"Ah how'd you like it?"

"It was good... oh right uh Ava this is Sam Wilson." Steve introduced me and helped me stand.

"It's nice to meet you," Sam said sucking his hand out for me to shake, and I do politely, "how do you two know each other?"

"We're soulmates." Steve says proudly wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Oh that definitely explains the whole PDA thing that was going on. I definitely didn't expect that of you Rogers." Sam said crossing his arms over his chest.

"What can I say it's been a long time coming."

"How about you two go finish running and I'll hang out by the car. I think I'm done for today and you two seem like your definitely not." I say mostly to Steve feeling slightly nervous from unexpectedly meeting Sam.

"Are you sure, angel?" Steve asks raising us eyebrows, "I can be done today."

"No no you go do your thing I'll be waiting." I say starting to walk away but pause before I'm completely out of speaking distance, "I fully expect breakfast after this though, and Sam you're welcome to come."

I don't know where the confidence came from. I do know;however, that it's not going to last, but I wish it would.