•5•

*

Joel and (Y/N) make their way ahead, clearing the path for Tess and Ellie to follow them

Joel and (Y/N) make their way ahead, clearing the path for Tess and Ellie to follow them. By doing so, they pick off clickers one by one until they get to a closed gate. The Firefly easily takes out the single clicker stood there, whilst Joel boosts Tess up to pull the ladder down for them.

Climbing over, they drop down on the other side of the wall and Ellie let's out a deep breath. "Holy shit. We actually made it."

"Everyone okay?" Joel asks.

The other two nod to his question and (Y/N) points up to the street. "Let's get moving."

"You guys are pretty good at this stuff." Ellie states.

"It's called luck, and it's gonna run out." Joel replies, an edge to his voice that makes the Firefly roll her eyes.

"Capitol building's that way." She points, taking the lead and jogging to get a quicker pace than before. Hearing the sound of runners, she crouches down, silently entering a house and taking them out, followed by the rest of the group.

"They're recently infected. These soldiers must've turned." Tess states once they were taken care of.

"Which means they're more in the area." Joel says and he turns to (Y/N). "We gotta go." He orders.

"I'm aware of the situation, but we need to get over that truck." She tells him and he sighs, motioning to a wooden box in the middle of this room.

"There, this'll do." He mutters, pushing it out and up against the truck.

(Y/N) grumbles under her breath, hauling herself over and jogging to a garage door. "We can cut through here." She informs them, pulling on the chain, but Tess shushes her.

"I don't hear anything." Joel states, frowning.

"Okay. Double time." Tess whispers and (Y/N) pulls faster on the chain.

"They're coming!" Ellie says and she nods. "I know!"

The door comes off the floor just enough for them to crawl through. Joel holds it from the other side, yelling at (Y/N) to come under and she lets go of the chain. A runner grabs her leg and she drops to the floor, pulling herself under the garage.

"Drop it!" She shouts, trying desperately to kick it away and Joel drops the door on the runner. He rushes forward, helping (Y/N) to her feet, the group backing away at the banging on the door.

"How do we get out of this place?" Joel asks.

"We'll find a way."

They begin looking around and Tess strikes up a conversation with Ellie whilst Joel can't help but eye the firefly, trying to decode her.

"You can keep staring... or you can follow me and get the hell out of here." (Y/N) states, nudging open a door.

"I - I wasn't staring." He counters, becoming defensive as she heads up a fallen, splintered floor. "Sure, okay."