•7•

*

"C'mon, it's open!" The man yells and the group run into his safe place

"C'mon, it's open!" The man yells and the group run into his safe place. Both him and Joel press their weights against the door and it shudders from the impacts of the infected. (Y/N) stands in front of Ellie, the two breathing heavily until the sound outside dies down.

"Man... that was close." Ellie breathes out, moving out from behind her.

"Uh, yeah, thanks for all the heroics." (Y/N) adds and the man - who she assumes is Bill - strides over to her.

"I'm (Y/N)." She begins, holding out a hand, which he pushes past her and grabs Ellie. He handcuffs her to the pole before returning and grabbing the Firefly, who resists and yells at him.

"Joel?" She questions, confused when Bill shoves her against the wall.

"Bill, what are you doing?" Joel yells, grabbing the man who points the gun at his face, ordering him to get down. He points it back at (Y/N), who was in a surrendering position and raises an eyebrow at Joel. "Don't test me."

Joel complies and kneels down, watching as Bill checks (Y/N) for any bites. "You got any?" He shouts and she shakes her head, wary of the gun.

"Bill, she's clean!" Joel says, his eyes burning with anger.

"If I see so much as a twitch." Bill mutters, but Ellie yanks the pole off the wall, whacking him with it until Joel grabs it off of her.

"Son-of-a-bitch!" Bill curses and Joel faces him. "You done?"

"Am I done? You come into my house. You set off my traps. You damn near break my shootin' arm." He lists off, rubbing his arm. "Who the fuck are these punks and what're they doing here?" He demands.

"We are none of your goddamn business, you fucker!" (Y/N) exclaims, moving forward to land a punch of her own. Joel grabs her to stop her from going any further and gives her a look, making her sigh in annoyance.

"Yeah, and we're here because you owe Joel some favours. You can start by taking these off." Ellie adds, holding up her arm.

"I owe Joel some favours." Bill scoffs. "Is this some kind of joke?"

Joel raises a hand to (Y/N) to silence her and lets go of her wrist, throwing the pipe to the ground. "I'll cut to the chase, I need a car."

"Well, it is a joke. Joel needs a car. Well, if I had one that works - which I sure as hell don't - what makes you think I'd just give it to you?" He chuckles, sharpening his machete at the table with a shrug. "Yeah sure, go ahead Joel, take my car. Take all my food too while you're at it."

"By the looks of it you could lose some of that food." Ellie quips.

"You listen to me, you little shit -" Bill points the machete at her and (Y/N) steps in between, holding Ellie back whilst she shouts: "no, fuck you! You handcuffed me -"