Ass Gazing

"What time is it? My phone is dead

"What time is it? My phone is dead." Boss says, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"I'll continue. You should sleep." I reply, studying his profile.

He was on the venue for the whole day overseeing and checking everything. Whenever Ash has a concert out of country, Boss meticulously surveys the whole place before the curtain goes up. Today, the snow came without any fanfare. Concert got cancelled an hour before it was supposed to start.

We are in a secluded guest house somewhere in Iceland. I can't remember the city name or pronounce it without spraining my tongue.

"You're on duty for ten hours. Take a break."

"It's not like we are fighting off fans and press. I can manage for a few more hours." The other guys are stationed in the venue. Ash threatened to walk there by foot if Boss didn't come back to the guest house to keep guard. So Boss drove back in the freaking snow storm.

"Okay. Wake me up in two hours. What's he doing?" Boss tilts his head towards the closed doors.

"Sleeping."

"Good." His shoulders relax. "Thanks, Rob."

"It's alright, Boss."

He nods and walks away.

Ash hasn't accepted me like Henry predicted. Sure, Ash doesn't get irritated by me like before. He allows me to accompany him. However, he still demands that Boss stay with him all the hours of the day. But here and there unknown to Ash, I swap in his place and give Boss a breather. It's not much. Henry hopes we'll get there.

I don't know. Most of the time I feel redundant. An extra. I do try to make myself useful. Still it doesn't feel like Ash will let me be his guard for a whole eight hours without Boss in the picture.

Boss.

I thought it would be weird with Boss after the way it went down last night. But it isn't.

Back in LA, I accidentally found out that Boss likes men. He was taking a dinner break in City Mall after a show. And Ash was occupied with a pretty girl. If not, I wouldn't have gone to the restrooms. I wouldn't have seen Boss' legs jutting out in a closed toilet stall where someone was moaning.

I knew it was Boss on the knees, I would know those shoes anywhere.

It gave me hope. So much of hope.

I worried over it for a few weeks.

I finally made a move on him yesterday.

We came here yesterday evening and Ash right away shut himself up in his room, like he usually did when he was writing music. It was the best time for us, who had the duty of protecting him. He wouldn't bother anyone for hours and we don't have to worry about anyone bothering him.