Give it to the Mermaids

"Where are you going?" Ash stopped me with an arm around my middle, hanging half out of his bed

We came back from the studio after almost nine hours of rehearsal and recording. All the technicians were ready to drop dead. But Ash wouldn't let them pack up. He had kept playing his guitar like a possessed boy. It was Henry who had finally snapped a 'that's fucking enough.' The whole room sighed in relief when Ash let go of the abused guitar.

He just now settled in his room after a late dinner. I should have known that he's not yet ready to sleep.

"My room." I tried.

I stayed in the house, right next to his room. It was Thomas' idea. It became beneficial in the long run. To run to Ash for his beck and call, to avoid sneaky fan girls getting too comfortable. To sleep peacefully in the small precious windows I got in-between my bodyguard duty.

"Stay." He patted next to him.

"We have to start early." There's a video shoot tomorrow morning with some vlog lady in a beach resort. 

"This is a big bed." He waved his free hand around, showing off his bed.

I chuckled. "I know. It took six hours to assemble." It's one of the few furniture he chose for himself. It was the biggest bed on the catalog — bigger than a double king. Thankfully the room was large enough to accommodate it without making the place look cramped.

He sat up. "I don't want to sleep alone." 

"You should have thought about that before kicking your girl to the curb."

Kara was a receptionist in the recording studio and he had fucked her in the car backseat this afternoon. When she hinted at joining him for the night, he outright said no.

I had seen the same scene so many times with different women, I should have been immune to the girl's shocked, wide, tear filled eyes caused by the cold hearted rejection. But it got to me every fucking time. I hoped one day he would meet his match. A strong willed, smart girl, who would make him beg and cry for her attention.

"She's not my girl. Please, Nick." He took my hand in his, eyes beseeching. "Just till I fall asleep. Then you can go."

I let out a breath. He was a people person. The only two places he preferred to be alone were his studio room and the bathroom. It could be the reason why he always had a girl around.

I dimmed the lights and parked myself on a chair at the head of the bed.

He eyed me. "You should lay down."

"I'm still in uniform." It's a dumb excuse. I was almost always in my uniform. I barely wore any other clothes.

"Change it."

I sighed. "No."

"You used to sleep with me remember?" He said in a small voice.

And just like that, my heart became mushy. Those were black days for Ash.