Ash: Torsos Meet Twinks

Clocks.

I'm thinking about clocks. Not the clocks that hang on walls. I'm stuck on the timer clocks with a single needle and a single purpose. Keep ticking until certain seconds have crossed and then chirp. What if there's a similar clock but instead of waiting for a certain number of seconds it waits for a certain event and when it happens it will chirp. What if such a clock is inside my head right now? What if right now it goes tick, tick, tick, tick?

Waiting for that moment it can chirp?

Yeah. It's been happening for a couple of weeks now. Weeks... It's been a couple of weeks since we started touring the vast lands of Australia. And my clock is ticking and chirping all along.

The first chirp was back home, on an afternoon. I was busy rehearsing and I casually looked up and there he was. Where he usually stands. Right outside the glass cabin. It's all a routine, nothing noteworthy. But then there was no blinking. There were four eyes involved and not one blink. That's when it started.

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

And then he smiled.

Chirp.

Eyes blinked, heart raced and I was at a loss of what happened and why I liked it so very much. I pushed it to the back of my mind since I was busy. After all it was Buffy. Everything that happens with him is confusing. The night when we cuddled was a perfect example of how tiresome it is to analyze our dynamics.

One second I was as horny as a bunny, next second I was as angry as a bull and the next thing I knew I was laughing like a hyena and cuddling him like a puppy.

That night was so bizarre and beautiful. Just like the smile I received for the first chirp. In the last fifteen days I have been part of hundreds of such 'moments'.

We both would be doing our own things.

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

Then somehow both would end up looking at each other.

Chirp.

Then back to what we were doing. Then back to tick, tick, tick.

Right at this moment, I'm so aware of the clock. It's ticking for more than an hour without a chirp. I haven't seen him after my last set started.

Nick smiles when I enter the backstage dressing room. I just fling myself into his arms.

"That was good." He whispers.

"Crazy crowd." It's one of those crowds. Full of chants and cheers.

"You did well." He hands me a water bottle.

I shake my head, "already had. I can't move Nick. I'm dead."

"Take off your shirt and lay down." He points at the long couch a few feet away.

Music to my ears. Are you joining? Is in the tip of my tongue. But we all know the response I'll get. So I don't go there. "I'm dead, Nick. Can't take a step."

He sighs. "You shouldn't let yourself burn out like this." His arms hook around my back, one against the back of my knees, one below my shoulders and lift me up.

My legs dangle and I have the urge to swing them. I don't. I'm dead, I can't swing legs. So I just cuddle closer and wrap my arms around his neck.

I tried the same scene with Buffy at the last concert. Told him I can't walk to the couch. He fucking dragged the couch and brought it to me. But then there were many chirps that day to compensate.