12: Lay In My Arms.

"Your eyes, they shine so bright,
I want to save their light.
I can't escape this now,
Unless you show me how...."

🌻🌻🌻

"Good Morning Jullie." Dad chirped waking me up.

         "For fuck's sake, don't call me Jullie." I said while yawning.

         Dad leaned down and gave me a peck on my forehead while I kissed his cheek.

        "Now get ready. We have to do some yoga."

        Today Dad and I do all things Mom used to love. Do yoga. Bake muffins. Visit an orphanage. Go to the park. Watch movie. All while listening her songs on the radio.

         We missed Mom. But we wanted to spend the day remembering things that made her happy instead of locking ourselves in the room and crying. Dad and I just found a way to make this day a happy one despite the gloominess in the air.

          Today Dad won't go to work and I won't go to school. Instead we will spend time with each other.

         I went to the gym. Dad had already set the yoga mats. He turned on the radio and the radio jockey started speaking-
"Here I present to you hundred top hits by the Queen of the Music industry who rocked Hollywood in her era, Lily Walcott in order to commemorate her death annivarsary."

        Dad and I did some yoga. Dad sucks at yoga so we ended up laughing at his antics till our stomachs started hurting.

   "Enough of this laughing . Lets have breakfast now."

        Next Dad and I moved to the kitchen to make my mom's favourite coffee chocochip cupcakes.

       These cupcakes where actually discovered accidentally but they became mom's favourite.
        I remember that day Mom was making choco chip cupcakes but ran out of milk. Dad and I were hanging out in the kitchen. Dad was sipping coffee. Mom got so frustrated that she went out in the living room. Meanwhile dad poured his coffee in the cupcake batter and we surprised mom with coffee chocochip cupcake which turned out to be her favourite.

        The rest of the day went by smoothly. But in the evening while dad and I were watching movies, few of Dad's friends came to 'comfort' dad.

         They suggested we should go to a club. Loosen ourselves and forget the pain. Dad and I disagreed with them but they emotionally blackmailed dad into agreeing. I decided to stay at home.

       I was starting to feel lonely so I decided to text Zara.

Me: Hiee

Z🧟‍♀️: Hey bro. Watcha doin?

I told Zara the whole story.

Z🧟‍♀️: Jullian Walcott!!! Get your lonely ass off the couch and come down. I will be at your house in five.

      She went offline before I could reply.

      As she said she came under my building in five minutes.

      I sat in the car and asked her, "So where are we going?"

       "To the dorms. To Connor's room. To party. To loosen up your body."

      Soon I found myself in Conner's room. Drinking. Talking . Dancing. Till we all lost balance and passed out on the floor.

"Psst"
I turned to my left to see Dylan, Connor's roommate.

"What time is it?" He asked.

"1:30" Connor replied.

Zara was not very drunk.

"Guys I'm going to go home now. Also Jullian I can't leave you home because I need to reach home fast. And your house is in the opposite direction."

       I just shrugged and closed my eyes. Before Zara started to speak again.
"Plus you will not be able to sleep here. So I messaged Nikko and told him to take you since his roommate is not in town."

"WHAT!! You can't do that. I won't go." I replied.

"You will"

"No. I won't"

"YES. You will."

"NO. I WON'T."

"Yes"

"N-"
Before I could say anything there was a knock on the door. Zara opened the door and in front of her stood an adorable looking Nikko with sleepy eyes, swollen lips, messy hair and a nightsuit too large for him.

      Nikko made his way towards me and pulled me on my feet.

       "Will you be able to walk on your own?" he asked.

        I nodded still mesmerised my his beauty.

       We made our way to his room. I stumbled a few times and he held me by my waist to prevent me from falling.

        Once we reached his dorm, he gave me some liquid and told me to vomit.
         I did as he said and suddenly my head started feeling better. I was less dizzy.

        When I came out from the bathroom, Nikko was already laying on his bed.

      "You can sleep on the other one. My roommate isn't there right now."

       What was I thinking? That he would let me sleep in his bed? All dorm rooms have single beds. Of course we wouldn't sleep together.

"I can't sleep" I said.

"Why?" Nikko asked.

"Insomia. Nightmares. Unwanted thoughts."
Nikko didn't say anything so I continued speaking.
"Plus not today. I miss mom. When I was small, mom, dad and I used to sleep together and cuddle. I can't seem to sleep without them."

     "Jullian...." Nikko said sofltly, "Come here. Lay in my arms"

     His arms looked so inviting that I couldn't resist myself.

      I went onto his bed and let him cuddle me.
      We kept looking into each other's eyes. His brown orbes held so much love. He didn't give me a look of pity or sympathy like everyone else does today. Instead he just gave my hand a gentle squeeze to assure me that everything is going to be alright.
With him by my side, I know that I'll be fine.

        Within few minutes, I could feel my eyelids getting heavy.
      I kissed Nikko's hand that was around my neck and muttered a 'Thank you' before drifting to sleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Since things are getting better with Nik and Jullian, I want to come up with a shipname for them.... but my stupid brain can't think of one.
Can you'll please suggest me some.

Also don't forget to vote and comment if you liked the chapter.