14:Getaway

"Don't look in the mirror,
Look into my eyes,
When you see your reflection,
You see what I like..."

🌻🌻🌻

We had to drive for almost three hours to reach Zara's beach house. But I'm not going to complain. I spent most of the time in the back cuddling Nikko and watching Crazy Rich Asians.

The beach house was beautiful. Along with a beautiful, vast beach, it also had a forest in the surrounding area. It was situated away from the city. In solitude.

We went in and settled ourselves in our individual rooms but I think I'll be sleeping with Nikko. Since I actually sleep when I'm with him.

I've been trying so hard to fight my insomia and atlast I found one way. Not gonna let him go that easily.

We all were too tired to do anything so we decided to settle in the living room after lunch.

Connor is a pretty good cook so he made pasta while the rest of us tried to help him.
Well, emphasis on the word tried. But we were more trouble than help so we all left the kitchen.

"Are there any animals around here?" Nikko asked as we all sat down for lunch.

"Why? Are you scared of animals?" Tyler teased while the rest of us rolled our eyes at the lame comment.

"No I actually love animals. A lot. They are better than humans." Nikko said.

"Babe, what? You prefer animals over me?" I aksed him pouting a little.

"Oh no! I like you the most. After all you're my cute, little puppy." He said ruffling my hair.

"Plus no one said you were human, Jullian. You're a freaking vampire, always sucking my blood." Connor added earning a glare from me and a laugh from others.

"Well, there are a few deers and rabbits around here." Zara replied to the long-forgotten question.

Nikko's face lit up at the mention of animals.

"Babe if you want we can go for a walk in the woods in the evening." I asked.

"YAYYY!!!!" He jumped in his chair, dropping some pasta from his bowl.
The rest of laughed at his childishness while his face became red from embaressment.

~~~

I wanted to have a picnic in the woods so I packed some snacks and a blanket.

"Nikko come on!" I shouted trying to move him from the couch.

It was already 5pm and here Nikko sat with Zara on the couch, his eyes glued to the screen as they watched all sequels of the James Bond movies.

"Just fifteen minutes more." Nikko said.

"You're saying the same from the past one hour. Now get up. You don't wanna be late for our first date."

"D-date?" Nikko asked all flustered as Zara nudged him.

"Yeah that's what I said." I replied nonchalantly, knowing my trick had worked.

"O-okay. Just give me five minutes." He said running to his room.
~

"Let's go." Nikko said caming out after 3.53 minutes dressed in casual shorts and jacket. With his hair combed in a messy way which made my heart go soft.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

In case you're wondering if I'm alive, Yes I'm very much alive.
I've had my exams going on so I couldn't update chapters.....
I'm really sooooooorrrrryyyyy.
Enjoy the chapter!!!
Love you all!!!
💙💙💙