Chapter 13

Luckily, it seemed that Draco had either forgotten or had chosen to ignore the incident in the library. Harry was still shaken. He had wanted to kiss Draco so badly right then. It almost seemed like Draco had wanted to kiss him too, but then Harry remembered that Pansy had told Draco to find another guy to help get rid of his crush. He felt sick. Was Draco just using him to get over someone else? He was suddenly glad that Madam Pince had yelled at those 4th years, because it had stopped Harry from kissing Draco. It had to have been Harry that was leaning in, because Draco would never have tried to kiss Harry first.

Harry tried to play it off, just like Draco. It was hard being around the other boy all the time - the dorm, classes, the common room - Draco was just everywhere. Those damnably beautiful, yet piercing gray eyes, the soft, sexy blonde hair, and the ethereal angled features were everywhere he went. He wondered if it would be so bad if Draco was planning on using him, as long as Harry finally got to kiss Draco.

Harry walked into the common room. Thankfully, Draco wasn't there. He nodded to Ron and Hermione, and continued to his dorm.  He pushed open the door, only to see Malfoy pulling his robes over his head. He was wearing pants underneath, but they honestly didn't cover much except what was absolutely necessary. And of course, his torso was bare.

Harry was frozen. He didn't have a chance to admire Draco's lean frame, because two thin lines crossed over Draco's chest, meeting under his left pectoral. They were a ghostly white, paler than the blonde himself. Draco finished pulling off his robe and jumped when he saw Harry.

"Take a picture, Harry, it'll last longer," he said, rolling his eyes. When Harry didn't respond, Draco stepped closer, concerned.
"Harry?"

Harry raised a shaking hand to point at the scars. "I did that to you." His voice was trembling, eyes wide with horror and shame. Draco recoiled, then determinedly crossed the room to stand in front of Harry.

"Yes, you did. And I'm glad for it." He said, and his voice was sincere. Harry shook his head sadly. "How could you ever be glad that I nearly killed you?" He asked softly.

Draco gave him a sad look. "Harry, I was going to crucio you. I absolutely hated that you saw me so weak and vulnerable. I could have cast quite a powerful one right then. I'm happy that you stopped me from doing something I would regret. And I know you didn't mean to do this, the Golden Boy couldn't possibly use such an evil spell knowingly." Harry still shook his head, stepping back.

"I almost killed you. And I've ruined you forever. Please, never forgive me." He said, unable to look at the scars any longer.

Draco rolled his eyes. "And everyone thought I was the melodramatic one. Truly, I don't mind the scars. It reminds me of how awful we were and how far we've come. I am filled with awe every time I look at them, not hate." Harry couldn't believe he didn't blame him.

"How could you possibly forgive me for this?" He asked desperately. Draco gave him a soft look. "The same way you forgave me for everything I've done. My mistakes were so much worse than yours. I think it's only fair to forgive you for this. Remember what we talked about in the Hospital Wing?"

Harry was skeptical. "You were forced to do a lot of bad things. I wasn't forced." Draco looked annoyed. "Yes you were. I forced you to defend yourself. Now shut it and just accept that I don't blame you for a single thing." Draco turned around and began to pull his clothes on. Harry stared after him incredulously.

————————————————————————

A few days later, it was the weekend. Draco and Blaise were sitting in Blaise's empty dorm. Pansy was, unfortunately, quite ill.