Chapter 32 + bonus

A/N this is it then! The last chapter. Thank all of you so much for the support - I couldn't have done it without every one of you. Big thank you to everyone who commented and voted - I read every single one, and they fill me with indescribable joy. Sorry this was so late - I made it way longer than it needs to be. Sorry for the typos, but I figured I delayed enough, and I might just fix it later. This isn't the end though, I have something that should be coming out soon (also drarry), and I love it even more than this one, so keep an eye out for it! Enjoy!

——————————————————

This was killing him. Through sheer force of will, Harry had managed to keep himself from flooing straight to the Manor for three whole days. Well, that and he disliked the place enough that it was a compelling reason to stay in the warm, comfortable home that was the Burrow.

Still, he missed Draco more than he could say. Everyone could tell, too. They all acted extra cheerful around him and tried to distract him with tasks or games. Even Ron asked him to play chess far more than usual - Harry was as terrible at it as always, so it had to be boring for him. As for Molly, well, it was the summer before fifth year all over again, except this time she was trying to distract him from Draco instead of the Order. Arthur dragged Harry into many a conversation about muggle technology, while the twins were ever eager to update their financial partner on the successes of their store. Hermione encouraged Harry to get ahead on schoolwork.

Once, early on, Charlie mentioned how Draco's animagus form was almost more beautiful than those of actual dragons, but the others were quick to change the subject. Harry even noticed Bill taking him aside to whisper something a few minutes later, and he knew their topic of conversation when they both glanced at him surreptitiously.

He couldn't fault them for trying. Neither could he fault himself for having separation anxiety with all they had been through.

Instead, he threw himself into their distractions, hoping they would fill his mind. Yet, it was inevitable that he would be left alone every now and then - Harry couldn't expect the Weasleys to babysit him all the time - and it only took him as long as remembering that Christmas was coming for thoughts of seeing Draco to seep in. From there, it was a short path to worrying about his wellbeing and convincing himself that no, he did not need to Apparate to the Manor because Narcissa would tell him if something were wrong.

Harry ignored the voice telling him that whatever could harm Draco would have no qualms about doing Narcissa in either.

He could only keep it up for so long. On the fourth day, Harry inexplicably and mysteriously found himself bidding everyone goodbye at the door with a don't worry, I'll be back after Christmas. None of them were surprised, and even Molly didn't try to convince him to stay. Harry blinked as he was suddenly outside, in the cold, with a huge rhubarb pie foisted upon him by Molly, preparing to appear at the door of the Manor with not a single warning nor a by-your-leave.

And then, he was at the Manor with absolutely no deliberation - an image of a splinched girl in a golden hoop flashed through his mind. Harry was quite cross. It wasn't much fun suddenly finding yourself doing things without deciding to in the first place. Even if he was kind of glad his body was on autopilot. Conscious thought meant talking himself out of going and not seeing Draco.

The wards washed over him pleasantly as Harry walked up the path - since when had he been keyed into the wards? - and he politely knocked after balancing the pie in one hand precariously. He had the sudden mental image of Narcissa opening the door to Harry and a bloody mess of a rhubarb pie at her feet just in time to laugh right in the real Narcissa's face.

To her credit, she simply raised an eyebrow, looked down at the pie, raised the second eyebrow, and coolly said, "Hello, Mr. Potter. We did not expect you for a few days yet."