Crowley the Nobleman (fragment)

So this is stuff I wrote for the 14th century fic today and cut out completely because it  was the wrong tone for thestory. 

Now instead of trying to account for every year, I just time-jumped to 1311 and left the other years as things for Aziraphale to scold Crowley about. Got straight to the pining and clinging and lusting and, well, angst/humour mix. :)

But It felt bad to just delete it, and I guess this book is for all my miscellaneous stuff, so... what Crowley was doing while posing as an obscure Gascon nobleman, i.e. Piers Gaveston, the future Edward II's favourite.

1304

Angel,

I heard you are also in Scotland. Doing good, I presume, healing and miracles, moving among them like a beam of sunshine. I suppose the humans could do with some cheering up right now.

I'm mostly staying out of the way, slashing my sword around a bit without hitting any humans, no good sending them to Heaven when they still have a chance of going to Hell. It's more productive to let Prince Edward see how good I look in black mail while I sing him ballads. It's working pretty well so far. Wait until we get back to Court and I can show him my legs in my new tight hose. He'll be one of Ours for sure—unless someone from the Other Side cared to come and be a good influence on him. Counter me a bit. It would be absolutely terrible if he came under Heavenly influence at this point, I have no idea how I would explain it in my reports.

I still have tea.

Your Serpent

1305

Angel,

Fuck Walter Langton. I really thought he was one of Ours, for all he's officially one of Yours. After all, we own more than half the Bishops. I suppose all those accusations of witchcraft and Satanism really were a stitch-up. He didn't respond well to being told he'd successfully summoned a demon, what did he want to do with me now?

I'm discorporating from boredom, exiled from Court. I think the Prince is forgetting me, after all the hard work I put in. I'm almost sure you're forgetting me.

Why don't you come visit? You are only a few hours ride away, from what I hear. Catch me up on the news. Bring me some decent wine, even if you won't drink it.

Why don't you answer? I really don't think you're holding up your end of the Arrangement.

The tea will go stale. Come drink it with me.

Your Serpent

1306

Angel,

Told you I was going to be a Knight again. Prince Edward wept with joy. Won't you come to the ceremony and lend it an angelic presence? Please.

1306

Should have stayed in China. Who knew that deserting to go to a tournament was such a big deal?

Angel, if you could see your way to it, a miracle right about now would be nice.