4

"Hello--" I said softly, trying to add a hint of seduction to my voice, just like the old days.

My eyes zoning in on the boys adam's apple, which now bobbed nervously with every swallow. His doe eyes stared at me in surprise, like he didn't expect me. Well- he probably expected someone with more clothing on, but this was all part of the con.

The beautiful art of distraction. My favorite game to play.

"Delivery for a Betty Draper," he said nervously, obviously trying to keep his eyes off my tits. His fingers shook like crazy as he tried to hang onto a long white box in his hands.

"That's me," I flashed my best smile, leaning over a little, basically shoving my tits in his eyesight.

Yes, little fake delivery boy, look at them. Look at my boobs and stare hard.

Hook, line, and sinker.........

He couldn't help himself now, his eye sunk to them and he couldn't keep his eyes off them. Staring at them like they were the most beautifully wrapped presents on the planet and he wanted his prize. Now was my time to play eye spy and catch a glimpse of what I was up against.

The man in the unmarked van; gone. New man climbing the telephone pole, check. He was setting something up, probably enabling them to tap my shit, listen to whoever I called or installing cameras for better surveillance. I couldn't tell, but I knew it was bad.

Fuck.

Double fuck.

"Here," he swallowed hard, trying to hand a large white box to me through the screen door.

"And, Mr...." I leaned forward again, he actually had a name tag. Either they were covering their bases or he was a legit delivery boy.

"Phillip, what's in the box?" I felt like Brad Pitt in Se7en. I wanted to repeat myself again and again, but Mr. Phillip was hooked on my vivacious drug and I couldn't spare a fuck up even for the sake of comedy.

"Flowers," He gulped, but it wasn't a statement, it was a question. His voice slipping up an octave, making him even more suspicious to me.

"And who are they from, Phillip. Are they from you?" His cheeks toasted over red, looking away for a minute to collect himself, giving my eyes another second to scan the area.

Almost everything was back to what it was, the man was back in the van, but a new man with a sweater vest appeared near my car in the driveway. Walking a white poofy dog of all things, trying to not look suspicious. He bent down, presumably to pick up dog shit, but my guess? GPS tracker on my car. What in the hell did Bastien do to compromise me like this?

"A...a... Roger Sterling?" He swallowed hard, voice slipping again.

If he watched Mad Men, he'd be confused as fuck right now.

I smirked sincerely, my boss, Dr. White used that name with me. God did Dr. White love this game. He knew how much I loved my role-playing and he so loved my cover name, Betty.

But did my fuck buddy actually send these to my house? No, probably not. It wasn't in his character to go out of his way for the sake of romance. They were covering their bases again, making sure I took them inside. Trying really hard to trap me with my annoying ex who had shown up out of the blue. Because where would a conman on the run go to? His ex's house, that's where.

"I need you to sign for it, Ms. Draper." The pen shook frantically in his hand, barely able to hold onto it. He was trying so hard to do the job he was hired to do, but in my eyes, he was giving them away.