Naruto No Kitsune (Prolouge)

Naruto no Kitsune

Prolouge

The enemy was escaping, and fast.

“I'm on it-datteboyo!” a twelve-year old blond clothed in striking or orange raced ahead of his teammates.

"Naruto stop!" came through the headsets load enough to burst an eardrum. The next wasn't anywhere as load but just as irritated, it said, "Dobe."

'Heehee. Just wait-I'm gonna’ pull this mission of solo-then that old woman will see who she's messing with!' the boy smirked just managing to stop himself from hitting a tree. 'Phew, that was close.'

"Naruto fall back-It's to dangerous!" Kakashi ordered. He just ignored the senior Jonin and pressed forward.

'Target sighted!' he grinned.

"Kage Bushin no Jutsu!!!"

His signature technique, shadow clones, and lots of them. "You're not gonna’ go anywhere!" he shouted simultaneously with his doppelgangers.

"Stupid brat!" the assassin hissed drawing his katana and slicked through clone after clone.

"Gotta do better then that-Rasengan!" the small ninja had a glowing chakra orb in his hand.

'T-that's one the Sanin technique!' the sword man thought in shock. It was the last one he had before being throne backward.

"Yatta-I did it!" Naruto pumped his fist then made a victory sign.

"You stupid little monster..."

"Uh oh."

The swordsman lunged at him slicing at the Genins stomach, Naruto had to sick his gut in and arch his body to miss the blow.

"Ha-too slow!"

"Oh yeah?" the man put his sword between his teeth and preformed a series of hand seals.

'He know's ninjutsu? Ah-No genjutsu!' Naruto shook his head trying to clear it as his vision changed. The clearing they stood in seemed to have lost it's color with a living darkness. He just flashed a grin.

"Yeah right-like some illusion is going to stop me!"

‘Hee, kid you haven't got a clue.' his older more experienced opponent thought. Suddenly his blade began to crackle with chakra energy.

Everything with his adversary seemed to get faster and in turn his actions became slower. Naruto didn't even stand a chance as the blade slashed across his stomach. He screamed as the chakra burned his wound, then stopped with a horrified look on his face.

The assassin just smiled, pulling his sword back and letting the boy fall.

***

Kakashi was the first on the scene, followed by Sasuke and then Sakura bringing up the rear. It was just like Naruto to run head first into a dangerous situation and practically try to get himself killed. What they didn’t expect was that it could actually happen.

Not even Kakashi was prepared for the sight that met them, and even the emotional Sakura couldn’t even scream. Sasuke, always cool and collect had dilated eyes, a shock look on his face as a cold chill went down his spine. Naruto obviously still under a Genjutsu was still looking forward at his opponent, a blank look of horror on his face until even that reseeded. That wasn’t what had the other ninja so shell shocked though.

It was the fact that Naruto had a sword almost up to the hilt through his forehead, right between his eyes. The sword man assassin removed his weapon and Naruto fell lifelessly t the ground.

Finely Sakura screamed, “No!” dropping to the ground, tears rolling down her face. This snapped Sasuke out of his own stupor, and he was on the assassin in less then a second.

“I’ll kill you!” he roared leaping into the air, throwing a large windmill shuriken. Surprised, the man only managed to dodge as his sword hand was nicked and he lost his hold on his weapon. Sasuke roundhouse kicked him sending him flying backward, his body cracking a tree.

“Naruto wake up! Wake-UP!” Sakura was over their fallen comrade while Sasuke’s anger was beyond belief-couldn’t she see he was dead! No one could have survived that blow! His Sharingan activated as he stood over the murdering scumbag before him. He wasn’t just going to kill this man-he was going to make him suffer for what he had done.

The man just smirked up at him throwing the Uchiha prodigy back. The man moved a few fingers and Sasuke felt his side get cut open. He yelled as the chakra blade burned his flesh making it sizzle. Falling to the ground he held his side, looking up at the killer looming over him. He was going to be next…

Kakashi saw his moment and leapt behind the man performing a series of hand seals. “Don’t let your guard down.” He said ominously in the mans ear, before slamming an open palm on the back of his head finishing the seal. The man dropped like a rock.

Sasuke snarled still in a blind rage. Pulling a kunai from his pouch he lunged at the fallen body, ready to stab it as many times as he could. When the kunai was knocked from his hand he then settled for kicking the monster, before Kakashi pulled him back.

“Let me go-I’m going to kill him!”

“Calm down, Sasuke!” He ordered, his words finely pulling through to the boys mind and his struggling stopped.

“Calm down-after that-”

“Kakashi-sensei!” Sakura cried and both of their heads turned back to her. She was still bent over Naruto cradling his head on her lap. Sasuke couldn’t understand why there was no blood. His heart almost stopped when he heard her say, “He’s still breathing!”

Kakashi and Sasuke were next to her in a moment. It was true, the blond ninja was heaving raged breaths out of his mouth and he looked sickly pale. But there was no blood to be seen, other then the slach at his waist. Not even the young Genins Hitai-ate had been scratched. There wasn’t a wound on his face at all.

“How?” Hissed Sasuke, his eyes wide as sweat dripped known his chin.

“I d-don’t know!” she said through the tears, as Kakashi picked the fallen boy up.

“We need to get him to Lady Tsunade. Sasuke, Sakura-take Naruto. I’ll deal with him.” He nodded toward their mission assignment and handed Naruto over to both of them. His small form was light between his two teammates.

“Sakura… calm down.”

“R-right.” She scrunched up her face wiping the tears. “Let’s go.” With that they were gone in a blur, leaving the clearing was empty as if nothing had ever happened.

(This is a preview of an idea that I am still tossing around. Who ever reads-you have my thanks. Comments are appreciated if you have time. Oh yeah, this is going off into an alternate universe to the one in the actually Naruto serious. I don't know if any Shippuden characters will show up. Sasuke may or may not leave the village. If he does Sakura will probably be the one to bring him back and the team will be joined by Sai... thinking about this off the top of my head... Since this is fan fiction Sakura is full capable of bringing Sasuke back. There may be some OOCness, since I don't think there would have been any way for Naruto or her to convince Sasuke to go back to Leaf in the anime. This Sasuke almost lost his best friend-though he denys it-and that changes his point of view on things. ANyway this is set after the Chuunin Exams before Sasuke was taken to Oto. I'm not sure if it makes sense with the actual anime, ^^; But hey Fanfiction remeber...

TheNineTailedKitsune - Over an out! :3)