Chapter 6 - Two Minds

Chapter 6 – Two Minds

After a long explanation of Kyuubi’s sealing in Naruto, and many more questions, Team 7 and the Hokage were finely silent.  Well until Sakura asked, “So… so it was you who attacked the Nara’s deer.”  By the look on Naruto’s face she instantly wished she hadn’t said anything.

He just bowed his head with a nod.  “Yeah, I can kind of remember it now…  I remember I told Fath-Kyuubi I was hungry, but it was more then that…” he looked off distantly.  “I wanted to hunt, and doing it was invigorating.” He shook himself as they gave him some weird looks.

“Uh-not that I liked it now!” it was a bit of a lie, but they wouldn’t be able to understand.  Maybe if he put it up to a ninja who had successfully caught his mission target?  Father had been really proud of him too…

He shook his head-he had to stop thinking like that.

“You sure seemed to like Sasuke, and Hokage-sama though didn’t you?” Kakashi sounded like he was joking, but as always a ninja is looking underneath the underneath.  He wanted Tsunade to explain the situation at hand a little more.

“As for that, maybe Naruto can explain.” Tsunade waved a hand.  Some how she had magically gotten a hold of some sake, and was half way through her second round.  Naruto instantly blushed and muttered something.  Tsunade, not quit drunk yet but getting there snickered.

“Go ahead kid, tell them what you said.”

“It’s not funny Baa-chan!”

She just snorted into her drink and Naruto had to continue.

“It’s hazy, but I remember when I woke up I didn’t know where I was.  I was looking around for something.” He was turning beet red now.  “The first thing I saw was Tsunade-Baa-chan and I woke her up…”

“Go on Naruto..,” the older woman had no shame, though she would probably regret this after her hang over.

“I called her…” he mumbled something.

“What was that?” Sakura perked up trying to hear.  Some how this seemed to be getting good, even Sasuke was listening intently.

“I called her mama…”

There was a simultaneous sweet-drop between the entire room, and then giggling broke out.

“It’s not funny Sakura-chan-Kakashi-sensei!”

“Ooohh-I wish I could have been there!” Sakura was holding her side.  “What on earth would posses you to call her that?” she was looking at the Hokage now.  Judging by the dilated look in the older woman’s eyes, she was nowhere near a motherly figure.  It surprised her when the Hokage could still speak clearly.

“I have a theory on that.”

Naruto groaned, this was probably going to be painful.  For him at least.

“It seems that after your changes,” she eyed the boy up and down for lack of a better word.  “Your mind reverted to one close to a small animals, perhaps an infant.  Therefore when the first thing he saw was me, he felt that aromatic bond most other animals do.”

“A baby, how’s that?  He could still talk.” Sakura understanding half was still confused.

Tsunade just shrugged, “Perhaps because Naruto has already been exposed to langue, and human interaction for twelve years.”

Naruto was thinking about it and found she might be right.  He didn’t want to be thought of as a little baby, but when he had woke up it was as if he’d been born again.  Everything was different, new-more enhanced.  Even now he could smell the strong sent of disinfectant, medicines, and his own teammates.  Cocking an ear, he could hear the sounds of people outside the room clearly if he wanted to.