Chapter 14 - Two Tails

Chapter 14 – Two Tails

Naruto growled playfully from his spot atop a large rock.  It was late afternoon and his Tou-san had gone out to hunt with out him today, so he was determined to bring back his own game, and show off to his father.  Of course like the child he was, he got himself distracted imagining strong foe’s that he would defeat with a wave of his mighty tail.

“I’m the great Fox Prince Naruto no Kitsune-the strongest demon who ever lived!!!” he shouted from his perch.  Of course he wasn’t sure he would ever by the strongest demon – that was his Tou-san’s place after all.  But he was definitely going to be as strong or close to his fathers power someday.  He had to be if he was going to bring all the Bijuu back, and set the demon realm strait!

“Tsk, looks like a little pup’s wander a bit far from his home.” An unfamiliar voice announced making the kitsune turn.  It was a pack of demons Naruto had never seen before.  They didn’t look like foxes with their long limbs and stone colored bodies. They walked upright on their back legs, but seemed able to use there front limbs like a beast as well.  Long fur ran down their backs’ and to the tips of their tails.

Naruto wagged his own tail.  “Hi – wanna’ play with me?”

The one in the middle snorted, and it sounded like gravel through his nose.  “Since when does any true demon play?  You call yourself the strongest demon who ever lived, ya’ look more like a snack to me!” he snapped his jaws close to the kit’s face sending Naruto falling backward off the rock.  He landed on his bum with a cry.

“Ouch – that hurt!”

“Really, so will this.” There was a sharp pain as another demon came up from behind, and bit hard into his tail.  He yipped trying to run away. 

“Uh – why’d you do that?!” Naruto snarled, backing up against the side of the stone he’d just been clambering on.

“To make a point little ‘Fox Prince’.  You’re no longer in Fire Country, and we don’t like trespassers around here.”

“Eeeerrr – I ain’t trespassing!”

“Really?  Then what’s a brat like you doing on the edge of Stone territory?”  the she demon to the right asked licking her lips.  She was hungry, but there was always time to play with your food.

Naruto looked around himself.  Stone country?  His father had said they were near one of the other great kingdoms.  That was why he’d wanted Naruto to stay put and not wander off.  Of course his kit ignored him, and finely bit into trouble far too big for him to chew.  Naruto growled at himself when he noticed the sky around him had turned a deep purple grey.  A single moon-like sun was high in the sky.

Finely he got the courage to bite back at his opponents.  “So what – The Nine Tail’s has supremacy over the entire demon realm!”   It was true.  Kyuubi was the strongest out of all the demons, and was the greatest king.  He could wander as he wished.

“Phee, Nine-Tails eeh?  You don’t look much like a Demon Lord to me kid.” The second male chortled maniacally.

Naruto hissed as he took a step closer and puffed up his injured tail.  “I’m son of the Kyuubi no Kitsune – I’m not afraid of you!”

There was more wild laughter.

“Son of the Kyuubi no Youko huh – that’s funny – I’ve never heard of a Demon Lord bearing children with anyone!  Why would the King of Demon’s bother with a pathetic worthless creature like you?”